• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Certifications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Certifications

Certifications, are they worth it?

I just became a Certified Unix Network Technician, will it help me get a gig?
    Last edited by portseven; 15 April 2008, 14:27.
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

No. Next.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post

I just became a Certified unix network technician, will it help me get a gig?
      Should help get you in the door for an interview at least.

Comment

Or not, as often happens... (MS ones)
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I just became a Certified unix network technician, will it help me get a gig?
          It won't hurt, it might help, so congrats.

Comment

Mine have helped me - reminds me need to renew this year
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I see what you've done there...
              Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                That's priceless!

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

When you are interviewed for a gig you might find yourself up against candidates who have been C.U.N.T.s for longer than you have....
                  If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    5 replies before someone clocked it, you lot are loosing your touch!
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X