• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

www.dabs.co.uk, who's ordered stuff from them?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.dabs.co.uk, who's ordered stuff from them?

Where did my thread go?

Anyway, anyone ever ordered anything from these guys?

I ordered a geforce 6800GT card (£110) from these guys on tuesday and the fricken order page is still saying the card is waiting to be cleared! I have heaps of credit on it so that isnt the problem.

Ive also tried to contact them but emails never seem to be answered. I guess this is the downside of ordering from an internet only company.

Mailman

I ordered a couple of grand worth of equipment from them and Dell last year using the same credit card.

The Dell stuff went through no problem but dabs said there were problems with my credit card. I phoned up CC company and they said it was dabs. I phoned up dabs but their customer complaint number was constantly engaged.

In summary I cancelled the order and went through ebuyer and scan.co.uk.

A few months later dabs decided to (successfully this time) debit my credit card. Took ages to get resolved.

Other people have had good experience with them. Needless to say I won't ever shop there again which is a shame as their prices are fairly competitive.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Dont spose you still have that number do you?

Regards

Mailman

Comment

I found them pretty good when they had telephone ordering aswell as internet but since it went internet only the service seems to have gone downhill. I just bought a camcorder and went elsewhere !

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          Dont spose you still have that number do you?

Regards

Mailman
          Nope, sorry.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I use them all the time -- very fast shipping, if they don't ship then card was probably not in stock. They also handled return of fautly drive without quibbles and refuded full amount.

Comment

I guess the delay is because this is the first time Ive ordered from them. Hopefully once they get confirmation that I am who I say I am if I order anything else from them then things will go a bit quicker.

I could go somewhere else for my video card, however I prefer to pay £110 for my asus 6800GT and wait a week or two than pay over £200 for the same thing and have it now

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Never use scan!!!

They sent me a Desktop PSU for a 2U server and then had a little hissy fit about taking it back despite it being nothing like the one I ordered. Wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't ordered the 2U case from them as well in the same order (which was a horrible case to ork in as well).

After all the hassle I just decided to never use them again. When I was working at Sony they had problems with scan too. They ordered 2 brand new 1U servers and had 2 servers with another companies logo stamped on the case with data and everything on them turn up. Scan refused to accept that they were not brand new untouched servers and kicked up a stink when Sony tried to return them, suffice to say that department of Sony don't use them any more either.

Comment

Scan

OK sounds like they haven't improved much then, years ago I ordered a super special pc kit which was faulty I had the devil of a job returning it.

Personally I prefer Aria.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

yep

I got to the point of a long email conversation with the scan md, (basically **** off)

Dabs - didnt someone on the old board relate how they had to sue dabs to get them to take back a faulty router ? I agree that when they gave up on the phone line it went down hill - and I dont think they are that cheap either.

I tend to use aria, but that might change since the mp3 player I bought last week has just packed in, will see how the returns go (not had problems before with them)

Comment

Working...
                    X