• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hansel and Gretel house price stable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hansel and Gretel house price stable

Though house prices are falling, as their house is made of sweets which are rising in price, the overall effects are broadly neutral.

HTH

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Though house prices are falling, as their house is made of sweets which are rising in price, the overall effects are broadly neutral.

HTH
    I thought you meant that people were going to have to live in one of these
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Wasn't the house the witch's? The kids lived in a stone detached with a large garden.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

HTH
        Yes but nobody has any money to buy those sweets at inflated prices as they are too busy repaying their debt, petrol/taxes/bread/milk.
        The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Funny reading these stories as an adult.

Been reading Hansel and Gretel to my daughter and love the premise as to why they were out in the woods anyway. There was a famine in the land, so their parents kicked them out to fend for themselves cause that was better for them.

Gotta to love those old style values.

Don't get me started on Rumplestiltskin.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

That's different from my version! My version the kids are out looking for food beacause of a crop failure. The witch kept giving them coloured stones, which they discovered were precious. So in the end the family became rich.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              And starved to death because you can't eat jewels.

Trust me on this...

Please... let it go now.
              He's old and fat and baldy
              you're..well

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Old and green and scaley?
                I didn't like to say

(\__/)