• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Photo Frame

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Photo Frame

I want to get a decent photo and mpeg viewer for my parents. Later on I will also get them a digital camera since they are still using film cameras. Ideally the viewer would be easy to use and handle a wide range of inputs: SD card, USB, etc. Having an internal rechargeable battery also seems like a good plus point, but which would rule out the otherwise good Kodak Easyshare.

Alternatively are there any good electronics review websites? Amazon are okay for showing customer reviews, but often when you look at their set of reviews you think you have the best product only to discover a competing product has equally good or better reviews. The reviews often aren’t very technically sophisticated either.

Okay, scrub question 1.

Back to question 2. Are there any good review sites that compare similar products based on their technical merits? I've tried Amazon and the gadget show sites (the latter being a disappointment).

The Varnam is looking like the best of a bad bunch at the moment.

Comment

Okay, scrub question 2.

Has anyone ever heard of a digital photo frame or know someone who has one?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Okay, scrub question 2.

I have one.

Comment

Okay, scrub question 2.

I bought my dad one for Christmas.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys.

I also saw one that displays text in text files. Combine that with an arial, Internet and a newspaper or book publisher, and a better display and better software/hardware, and you're onto something that while not a money spinner for whoever attempts it, might make them more interesting?

Comment

Check out www.ebuyer.com.

Comment

I want to get a decent photo and mpeg viewer for my parents. Later on I will also get them a digital camera since they are still using film cameras. Ideally the viewer would be easy to use and handle a wide range of inputs: SD card, USB, etc. Having an internal rechargeable battery also seems like a good plus point, but which would rule out the otherwise good Kodak Easyshare.

Alternatively are there any good electronics review websites? Amazon are okay for showing customer reviews, but often when you look at their set of reviews you think you have the best product only to discover a competing product has equally good or better reviews. The reviews often aren’t very technically sophisticated either.
                IMO - Trusted Reviews usually do good reviews.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
                X