• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate card fun….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate card fun….

Got a consultancy in tomorrow, aim is to thrash out a rate card for testing resource.

I am assuming short work has a higher rate, and longer term will have a lower rate.

Any heads up on the type of rates I should be looking for.

Levels I am thinking of…..

Test Analyst
    Senior Test Analyst
    Test Manager
    Automation Tester (QTP / WR)
    Performance Tester (LoadRunner)

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Got a consultancy in tomorrow, aim is to thrash out a rate card for testing resource.

I am assuming short work has a higher rate, and longer term will have a lower rate.

Test Analyst
    Senior Test Analyst
    Test Manager
    Depends how expensive their suits are and how many powerpoint slides you want at their presentation.

Comment

Test Analyst
      Senior Test Analyst
      Test Manager
      They'll all be getting more than your permie rate.

HTH
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Does this sound reasonable? (Bear in mind the peeps they have are permie to the consultancy….)

Need to guage what the going rate is these days, been out of (mis) managed consultancy for a couple of years.

Test Analyst - £325
        Senior Test Analyst - £425
        Test Manager - 500
        Automation Tester (QTP / WR) - £400
        Performance Tester (LoadRunner) - £450

No Powerpoints – I do those around here!

Comment

Does this sound reasonable? (Bear in mind the peeps they have are permie to the consultancy….)

Need to guage what the going rate is these days, been out of (mis) managed consultancy for a couple of years.

Test Analyst - £325
          Test Manager - 500

Are you having a giraffe?

Multiply those by 3 if it's Jim Smith Consulting Ltd., more, much more, if it's a big consultancy.

Comment

Test Analyst - £325
            Test Manager - 500

How come they're trusting someone so ditheringly inept to negotiate these things?
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Lost me there

You mentioned a consultancy that is coming. Are these consultancy rates or individual contractor ones? They sound OK for the latter, but will you get someone from a consultancy on those? Doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                You mentioned a consultancy that is coming. Are these consultancy rates or individual contractor ones? They sound OK for the latter, but will you get someone from a consultancy on those? Doubt it
                Consultancy - not individuals. In my experience consultancy rates (where they use permies) tend to be a little keener - maybe just the quirks of where I have contracted though.

Comment

Don't mean to sound harsh Wilmslooooooooooooow, but I wouldn't put you in charge of a shopping trolley, let alone hiring a consultancy for an IT project.

HTH

Comment

Consultancy - not individuals. In my experience consultancy rates (where they use permies) tend to be a little keener - maybe just the quirks of where I have contracted though.
                    In that case your experience is highly unusual I would suggest. Consultancies are nearly always more expensive than individual contractors.

Comment

Working...
                    X