• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM troubles !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM troubles !

At what point do you tell a PM where to shove his contract !? It's close to home, the work is pretty cushy but the PM is hard work and seems to need to create some form of aggro each and every day. Very close to telling him where to shove it. Please help to whip me into a frenzy then I can get the job over and done with !

He just needs a big hug.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      He just needs a big hug.
      Is there such a thing as a Glaswegian Hug !?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        Please help to whip me
        Aren't those services chargeable?

PS The pm mentioned you were not a team player, didn't toe the line and were not on board with you colleagues.

Comment

I am sorry, rootsnall, but it is my management style, innit.

DP is right - I just need a big hug.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Aren't those services chargeable?

PS The pm mentioned you were not a team player, didn't toe the line and were not on board with you colleagues.
            Yah. Record it under 'Entertainment' or 'Miscellaneous'.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

At what point do you tell a PM where to shove his contract !? It's close to home, the work is pretty cushy but the PM is hard work and seems to need to create some form of aggro each and every day. Very close to telling him where to shove it. Please help to whip me into a frenzy then I can get the job over and done with !
              Never chuck it! Just count the cash.

Comment

Oh that sort of PM. What a let down - For a minute there I thought we'd be hearing of yet more troubles afflicting *the* PM.

Comment

Given recent posts on here about people being benched, I'd count to 10 and try to forget it. You know the guy is a pr*ck, you're earning good money (hopefully) so head down and get on with it!

And remember this handy code snippet:
                  for (; ; ) printf("Think of the money...");

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Given recent posts on here about people being benched, I'd count to 10 and try to forget it. You know the guy is a pr*ck, you're earning good money (hopefully) so head down and get on with it!

And remember this handy code snippet:
                    for (; ; ) printf("Think of the money...");
                    Very wise words.

A very good man here was asked to walk today - psycho test manager pushed him too far. Needless to say, psychos normally win.

Comment

Working...
                    X