• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Peering" at children soon to a crime in Maine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Peering" at children soon to a crime in Maine

Those who peer at children in public could find themselves on the wrong side of the law in Maine soon.
    http://www.seacoastonline.com/apps/p...0343/-1/NEWS01

Coming to the UK soon, no doubt.

I don't know if any of the congregation are keen photographers but Austin Mitchell is planning to lobby the Home Office re. harassment of pro and amateur photographers being stopped by plod when taking pictures in public places, for no good reason: -

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story....code=40875&c=1

Seems only the State is allowed to observe now (more surveillance cams per capita in the UK then anywhere else on Earth).

It seems we should just shut up, and shuffle along looking at our shoes.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    I don't know if any of the congregation are keen photographers but Austin Mitchell is planning to lobby the Home Office re. harassment of pro and amateur photographers being stopped by plod when taking pictures in public places, for no good reason: -

Seems only the State is allowed to observe now (more surveillance cams per capita in the UK then anywhere else on Earth).
    There's a petition.gov about this somewhere - I signed it long ago. As a photographer this would cause no end of havoc for me. I'd have to buy a licence to take photos, effectively another tax, along with a yearly CRB check. Please, please can't something be done about this set of morons infringing our basic civil rights? Surely we're not going to sleepwalk into a police state?

Comment

These people need to be reminded that most child abuse is commited within the family or by family friends. The wandering pedo stranger is largely a myth
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        There's a petition.gov about this somewhere - I signed it long ago.
        Yes there was, but the government denied any such intention.

However, the harassment of photographers by police, or in fact any officious person (CSOs, private security etc.) grows worse and worse.

It seems to be large, pro gear (esp. tripods) that attracts these twats. You can use your Nokia 'Happy Slapper' with impunity.

As if terrorists and crims would use a discreet little 6x6 or a Nikon D3

BTW, watch out for hoards of paedos on the beach with 10x8 plate cameras.
        Last edited by bogeyman; 16 April 2008, 16:49.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

As if terrorists and crims would use a discreet little 6x6 or a Nikon D3

BTW, watch out for hoards of paedos on the beach with 10x8 plate cameras.

Indeed. Officer, could you just hold this reflector and angle the light towards that child, please? Great, ta.

Muppets.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Indeed. Officer, could you just hold this reflector and angle the light towards that child, please? Great, ta.

Muppets.
            I read somewhere (AP?) about some wet-behind-the-ears plod coming up to some guy shooting with a Leica M6 (film camera) and demanding to see the images he'd been shooting on Brighton Palace Pier on the camera's 'LCD'.

It might be apocryphal, but it's totally possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              These people need to be reminded that most child abuse is commited within the family or by family friends. The wandering pedo stranger is largely a myth
              Please don't bring facts into a good argument.

Comment

... harassment of pro and amateur photographers being stopped by plod when taking pictures in public places, for no good reason: -

Chilling reading. Man arrested and handcuffed for taking legal pictures from a public road.

Comment

Working...
                X