• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That Cockney ex-para from The Apprentice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Cockney ex-para from The Apprentice

Well that was suprising, ex para etc. and a London East end boy full of "clout". Was only viewed by Sir Alan as nothing more than a grunt.

I guess one wonders what they were doing putting a satalite dish installation guy into this type of competition which requires business tactics.

I don't like that ploppy northern girl on his team with the turkey/chicken wing arms, she to me in the embodiment of what is wrong with British women in general.

Discuss.....

HRH are you on The Appprentice right now ? please answer truthfully.

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    HRH are you on The Appprentice right now ? please answer truthfully.
    Odd cos that was my thought. He was so smug and full of himself I just hoped he would go - I let out a big cheer when Sir Alan fired him.

At one point I thought Simon/Clair might go - they are obviously useless. Clair will be good annoyance material - she will stay a while.

Comment

I keep thinking I shopuld apply for the apprentice - seems that 75% of the contestants just talk rubbish. I suppose they are only there to make good TV.

Comment

What a slimy f****r that Simon is - before they went into the boardroom he was gunning for the para and then when the whole team went in and Srallan started laying into Clair, he turns onto her and starts putting the boot in.

The para lost control but those two (Simon /Clair) also helped to lose the task.

He should have split them up.

Typical squaddie - good at taking orders but not leadership material.

Comment

Yes, Im Raef!

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            Yes, Im Raef!

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              What a slimy f****r that Simon is - before they went into the boardroom he was gunning for the para and then when the whole team went in and Srallan started laying into Clair, he turns onto her and starts putting the boot in.

The para lost control but those two (Simon /Clair) also helped to lose the task.

He should have split them up.

Typical squaddie - good at taking orders but not leadership material.
              Erm, Simon IS the para. You mean Alex I think.

Comment

I thought Simon was unlucky and was stiched up. That Clair only stayed in because Alan Sugar obviously had one eye on the ratings and so must keep the annoying ones in.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Simon was a nice bloke - good follower, terrible leader. He was also a little soft and gobby for an ex-forces guy.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Last night to me proved for the 3rd week running that the show is no every bit as much about ratings as shipwrecked or Big Brother. They keep choosing people who make good TV in the show despite woeful performance.

Jenny, Daffid and Alex/Claire should all be writing in the Sun now, but instead they are still in the show because the public love a panto villan.

Comment

Working...
                    X