• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Need some sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some sun

Hello all,

I could use some help finding a quick/cheap getaway.

I want to take the wife somewhere hot, with a beach and no kids.

Any suggestions? She stressed out... which means my quality of life is going the way of the economy.... down down down

Thanking you
    TM

EDIT: Whooops wrong forum. Can someone move it before i get harassed?
    Last edited by themistry; 18 April 2008, 09:53.

Cyprus (Though you'll struggle to find somewhere chavless)
    Canaries (Fuerteventura)
    Morocco
    Tunisia
    The Red Sea
    Malta

These are some of the (closer) destinations with some sun this time of year. If you want to go further afield, there's loads of options. St Lucia? Honduras? Dubai? Gambia?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      Cyprus (Though you'll struggle to find somewhere chavless)
      Canaries (Fuerteventura)
      Morocco
      Tunisia
      The Red Sea
      Malta

These are some of the (closer) destinations with some sun this time of year. If you want to go further afield, there's loads of options. St Lucia? Honduras? Dubai? Gambia?
      I'm off to the canaries in a week or so - can't bloody wait!!! - Been last couple of years at this time and weather has been wonderful.

If you look at Cyprus- try Protaras - much lower down the chav scale....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

South coast of turkey is lovely. Cheap, friendly people and hardly any brits

I especially like Antalya. 4 hr flight

Comment

Benidorm, Menorca, Majorca, Catford.

HTH
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Gibraltar is easy (Britain with an African sun) and the weather is just warming up this time of year. Just walk straight from the airport to the Hotel - and your money works there too. Not sure if there are direct flights from Manchester, but the bargains are to be had flying to Malaga anyway, and there's a regular bus service from Malaga to Gibraltar. You could probably do the whole 3 day trip for ~£100/adult if you were careful. Nice beach by the Catalan Hotel (barbary 'apes' climb all over it too, but that hotel is quite expensive). The bus service is excellent and you can take a trip to the most southerly point in Europe, see Africa, dolphin trips, climb the rock, etc. 3 or 4 days is the ideal trip time for Gib.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Benidorm, Menorca, Majorca, Catford.

HTH
              You missed Swindon.

HTH
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by themistry View Post
                Hello all,

I could use some help finding a quick/cheap getaway.

I want to take the wife somewhere hot, with a beach and no kids next Thursday (24th), retuning Sunday (27th). Preferably from Leeds Bradford or Manchester airport.

Any suggestions? She stressed out... which means my quality of life is going the way of the economy.... down down down

Thanking you
                TM

EDIT: Whooops wrong forum. Can someone move it before i get harassed?

Try this!!!

http://www.charterflights.co.uk/sabs...rue&bookable=n

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                  You missed Swindon.

HTH
                  Oi!

Comment

Have a look at the jet2.com website. They do plenty of cheap flights out of Leeds Bradford including Teneriffe

Comment

Working...
                    X