• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eBay scam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay scam

My next door neighbour just got ripped off for a grand and a half.

He purchased something via eBay which has not turned up.
    The police have effectively laughed saying he has been taken for a ride and there is nothing they can do.
    The whole item and any trace of the transaction has disapeared from eBay and eBay say it is nothing to do with them.

I am putting this up to spread the word that it is possible for scammers to do this through eBay.
    I am also saying that eBay should be doing more to protect its subscribers.

Spread the word.

Serves the silly dick right for spending £1.5k with a complete stranger without at least using a credit card so he could get the money back off the finance company if it all went Pete Tong.

Comment

Sue Ebay - that'll get their attention focussed on the matter. How did he pay - cheque, paypal or what? Hopefully not cash or Western Union!
      Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Working...
      X