• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just seen a motorway crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J21/22 Milnrow / Shaw on the M62 East. I was going West.

I saw this car floating above the others - was into the reservation barrier, span round, max speed to zero in seconds.

Looks like the driver was in one piece as she appeared to be sat upright as opposed to a mangled mess.

Police took over a minute to answer the call. Radio said road was closed for only 20 mins or so, hence looks like she was shaken, but in one piece.

Think that will stay with me for a while though, I was worried that she was going to go over and smack into me.

Very windy weather - appeared to be an old lightweight car - she was either clipped, or, just got blown over. Makes you think seeing that.

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    caused
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Damnit. Knew I should have hired a male driver to take Wilmslow out...
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

All I could do was phone it in, and flash like a mad thing to the oncoming traffic to get them to slow down before causing more accidents. Still feeling pumped!

Comment

All I could do was phone it in, and flash like a mad thing to the oncoming traffic to get them to slow down before causing more accidents. Still feeling pumped!

That sort of behaviour will get you a ride in a police van
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Police took over a minute to answer the call. Radio said road was closed for only 20 mins or so, hence looks like she was shaken, but in one piece.
            Soon you'll be receiving you public service award of 3 points and 60 quid for either using a mobile when driving, or in the event you did have hands free they could always pick not being in proper control of a motor vehicle instead.....

Comment

J21/22 Milnrow / Shaw on the M62 East. I was going West.

I saw this car floating above the others - was into the reservation barrier, span round, max speed to zero in seconds.

Looks like the driver was in one piece as she appeared to be sat upright as opposed to a mangled mess.

Think that will stay with me for a while though, I was worried that she was going to go over and smack into me.

Very windy weather - appeared to be an old lightweight car - she was either clipped, or, just got blown over. Makes you think seeing that.

took the cops over a min to get there, as the traffic in Oldham was bad! thanks to that copper, they also opened up the road for me as i followed them through and got home quicker!

they dont sit 100yrds up the road waiting for something to happen... how would they know where the accident is going to happen? give em a break.
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
                Soon you'll be receiving you public service award of 3 points and 60 quid for either using a mobile when driving, or in the event you did have hands free they could always pick not being in proper control of a motor vehicle instead.....
                The way my month is going - very likely!!!

Comment

The way my month is going - very likely!!!
                  A bit left of field I know, but have you considered contracting as a work and lifestyle change?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Don't be so hard on him

Comment

Working...
                    X