• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Modern, Manchester

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Modern, Manchester

It's the restaurant that occupies what was Le Mont on the top of Urbis.

Has anyone been? would you recommend it?

I'm looking for a nice posh/expensive restaurant to take g'friend Chef to before I go away. (I figure it might reduce the sulking a bit and make for an easier week)

I've called Juniper, Altrincham and they're fully booked all next week.

Any other ideas welcome and before you suggest it, no, "ditch the girlfriend" isn't an option.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post

I'm looking for a nice posh/expensive restaurant to take g'friend Chef to before I go away. (I figure it might reduce the sulking a bit and make for an easier week)

Any other ideas welcome and before you suggest it, no, "ditch the girlfriend" isn't an option.
    Heathcotes. Need I say more?

What kind of food would be youer kind of thing?

If you fancy wondering out to Prestbury, check out the Prestbury Village Restuarant.

Comment

walked past Simply Heathcotes on saturday, it was having the interior ripped out and definately didnt look like it was going to be open anytime soon.

I was after unsual modern food, i.e Michelin star, 12 courses in the tasting menu, small portions, foam, rissotto soup in a shot glass style food.. poncy but impressive if your taking the missus.

Comment

Tell her that if she's ever lonely there's this great internet forum where she would get plenty of attention...

A more serious suggestion might be to get some decent webcams and set her one up at her end so you can chat via msn or wot not. Will also save a fortune on phone calls too.

Good luck with breaking the news!
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Heathcotes. Need I say more?

What kind of food would be youer kind of thing?
          "All change in Manchester!

Following on from the successful launch of Grado in Manchester late last year, further ambitious plans are underway for a new £1m+ fine dining restaurant in Manchester city centre.

“The Elliot” Paul Heathcote will open in October and will replace the existing Simply Heathcotes restaurant in Jackson Row.

Simply Heathcotes, which is currently upstairs in Jackson Row, will close on March 9 when a celebration will be held for diners to mark this important milestone in Paul Heathcote's dining history."

Comment

I heard good things about nutters, despite it being Rochdale

http://www.nuttersrestaurant.co.uk/a...ew_nutter.html
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 17 April 2008, 16:21.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Tell her that if she's ever lonely there's this great internet forum where she would get plenty of attention...
              she knows about you lot already from when I've laughed out loud while she's been watching corrie, thinks Wilmslow's life is a disaster and HRH is an idiot.

Comment

poncy but impressive if your taking the missus.
                Why are you trying to impress your missus

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Why are you trying to impress your missus
                  He wants to take her up the oxo tower
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Chef - I don't think that one in Urbis is that good - it got quite poor reviews - have a look on Manchester Confidential - usually has good reviews and stuff.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X