• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gwyneth Dunwoody RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwyneth Dunwoody RIP

So farewell then, Labour member for Crewe.
    You looked like a bulldog chewing on a wasp
    but you were one of the more honorable
    members of parliament

E. J . Bogey - Aged 13 + 3/4

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

She always seemed to be a decent sort who would represent her electorate (and not herself - possibly that is why she didn't fit in too well with the current bunch) and knowledgeable about her portfolio when in transport.

Comment

On the subject of Honourable members, I always rated Frank Field as a decent sort. On R4 this morning he said that labour MP's should back his amendment on the 10p tax band, in order to preserve their jobs. If they lost at the next GE they might find themselves unemployable.
      Are they ALL totally self serving ? I was a little shocked by it, mybe I shouldnt be.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        On the subject of Honourable members, I always rated Frank Field as a decent sort. On R4 this morning he said that labour MP's should back his amendment on the 10p tax band, in order to preserve their jobs. If they lost at the next GE they might find themselves unemployable.
        Are they ALL totally self serving ? I was a little shocked by it, mybe I shouldnt be.

I think Field is trying to apply their self-serving standards in order to persuade MPs to do what he wants for less self-serving reasons.

I.e. he has come to the same conclusion as you (but he's not so bad).

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          I think Field is trying to apply their self-serving standards in order to persuade MPs to do what he wants for less self-serving reasons.

I.e. he has come to the same conclusion as you (but he's not so bad).
          I understand what you are saying, but isn't that a bit like the Pope saying 'come on guys, we have to do something about child sex abuse by priests, otherwise the collection plates will be lighter'

oh sh 1 te, dont tell me HE's in on the gravy train too

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X