• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cannabis and security clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis and security clearance

Hi everyone,

Here's a fun question for you....

About six months ago I was smoking a spliff outside a bar with a friend. The police walked past, took our names, and added us to the 'cannabis register' (whatever that is).

Now I have a contract opportunity, but I need security clearance. Would what happened above affect this?

Any ideas, please!

Thanks
    Lou

i want to say be open and honest... thats all they care about.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Being put on the weed register is no big deal, but attempting to get SC whilst knowingly being a criminal is very serious indeed, and can lead to you doing porridge.
      Send me details of the contract and I will see what I can do to help you get out of this mess. I will also need you account number and sort code to help cover expenses.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Bearing in mind the relative value of advice given on these boards, I don't think you'll have a problem.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

To clarify...

I should point out that it's not *actual* SC clearance, but rather a form allowing me to be vetted, ie a Basic Disclosure Application Request from some people called Security & Vetting Solutions Ltd...

Comment

Originally posted by LouC View Post
            I should point out that it's not *actual* SC clearance, but rather a form allowing me to be vetted, ie a Basic Disclosure Application Request from some people called Security & Vetting Solutions Ltd...
            Forget what I said then. This is pre-employment screening and therefore the criteria could be different and you could be stuffed.
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Hi everyone,
              About six months ago I was smoking a spliff outside a bar with a friend. The police walked past, took our names, and added us to the 'cannabis register' (whatever that is).

Thanks
              Lou
              Im guessing plod did nothing of the sort. Can you really see him rushing back to the station to fill in 6 page form pot37684, when he can just as easily forget he ever saw you? He did is job by telling you to put the joint out. Anything else was just to put the wind up you and make you think twice next time.
              The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

You should have given a false name.

As it is you should come clean and if rejected accept you're a druggie scumbag like they'll label you. I'm sure the real Lucy will be able to give you some counselling on coping with your new label if you only like designer ones.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Invoke the DPA and ask the local plod squad to provide all info they hold on you.

To be honest you should have no problems getting security clearance as long as you don't lie on the form. Do you really think that a large majority of SC cleared people have never touch a spliff?

Comment

BC is nothing
                    They basically check if you are on the "Kiddy Fiddlers register", and that you are the rightful owner of your name, and you live where you say you live, and that you have no criminal records.

So you should be ok.
                    threenine.co.uk
                    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Working...
                    X