• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh hurrah, China is shipping arms to Zimbabwe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh hurrah, China is shipping arms to Zimbabwe

FFS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...18/wzim218.xml

and? business is business. you dont make arms if you have a caring side.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      FFS
      i know. sometimes it crosses the line into out-and-out comedy villainy, doesn't it?
      Originally posted by BolshieBastard
      You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

I wonder if one of those bullets has "Mugabe" inscribed on it?
        threenine.co.uk
        Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Not at all like us selling arms to that bastion of democracy, Saudi Arabia, then?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Not at all like us selling arms to that bastion of democracy, Saudi Arabia, then?
            sshh! you're putting our national security at risk. trust me. i know.
            Originally posted by BolshieBastard
            You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/c...?story_id=3847

Is China becoming the new America? It seems that anything that could have a detrimental effect on their economy is ignored.

Not only that but every year millions of Chinese visit western countries so they must have a fair idea how the western world views their oppressive government? Why are they going home and carrying on as if it doesn't mater?
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/c...?story_id=3847

Is China becoming the new America? It seems that anything that could have a detrimental effect on their economy is ignored.

Not only that but every year millions of Chinese visit western countries so they must have a fair idea how the western world views their oppressive government? Why are they going home and carrying on as if it doesn't mater?
                The same way Americans have been doing the same thing for years.
                threenine.co.uk
                Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39 View Post
                  The same way Americans have been doing the same thing for years.
                  Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Is China becoming the new America?
                  Did you miss this bit??
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A person from the UK criticisng another country for arms sales?

I am mildy annoyed that Zimbabwe recieves aid but can afford a better and more well equipped armed services than New Zealand. Admittedly we in New Zealand have an armed services that consist 1 zodiac (with a slingshot on board!) , 2 yorkshire terrier attack dogs that have arthritus, a microlight and some guy David who owns a shotgun.... but its annoying that basket case of a country has more weapons.

Comment

Working...
                    X