• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas for Newcastle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Newcastle

LAds weekend - 6 of us, mixed group ranging from a divorced teacher on a budget through tp family people, and a contractor going permie. Hence not after mega money ideas, but a good time.

Any ideas on where to eat, and what to do, very welcome.

Italian, Ruby, British, Chinese, Thai - all ideas considered.

sounds like your budgets won't get much further than....

Maccy D's

remember to keep enough back for a pint afterwards

Milan.

Comment

There's a really good italian restaurant near the football ground.

Well, there used to be, and it was good, but last time I went there was about 10 years ago now.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Okay... So far, we have ideas of Maccy D's and a place that may no longer be trading somewhere in the area of the football ground.

Surely there must be some Toons here?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Okay... So far, we have ideas of Maccy D's and a place that may no longer be trading somewhere in the area of the football ground.

Surely there must be some Toons here?
          You won't need much brass for your entertainment.

I bet a fiver that the teacher is the first one with a bloody nose.

Comment

Thats ridiculous, Newcastle is fine the whole city is mapped out with CCTV there's hardly any trouble these days. As long as you don't go walking through the Bigg Market with a Sunderland shirt on chanting "Keegan for England" then you'll be fine.

You could try Marco Polos on Dean Street (just up from the Quayside), probably best to stay around the Quayside area as it's a bit more upmarket.
            The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              LAds weekend - 6 of us, mixed group ranging from a divorced teacher on a budget through tp family people, and a contractor going permie. Hence not after mega money ideas, but a good time.

Any ideas on where to eat, and what to do, very welcome.

Italian, Ruby, British, Chinese, Thai - all ideas considered.
              Hiya! Right...where to start...

Food.
              There's a cool Mexican place called Blue Cayote, which is cheap and cheerful and the food's lush. It has a great atmosphere all through the day too. Thats in the centre of town, and right next to 2 boozers which your crowd will love:- The Baccuss and The Monkey Bar. Those are bloke pubs.
              If its a curry you're after, I prefer Tandori Nights on Grey street - they have this awesome pink coconut dust which you get with your popadoms which is seriously the nicest thing in the world and worth going just for that!!
              But there's a very swanky up-market Indian called Spice Cube in "The Gate" (The Gate is a horrible indoor complex with fake pubs and cinema. Only go here if you are a soul-less, dimwitted moron).

Drink.
              Afternoon drinking...you should get yourself to the "top end of town" or Haymarket as it's officially known. There's a big long street of pubs which are all man friendly - i.e. you stand less chance of getting raped by hoards of middle aged women (although I'm not saying this definately wont happen!)

Nighttime drinking...it really depends on what you're after. Can you cope with pubs being rammed packed and queueing for half an hour for a drink and not being able to hear yourself talk? If you want this then yes, head to the quayside.
              If this sounds like hell, then head to the Central Station area - the pubs are funkier and you get a much better mix of people.
              Dont go to the wrong side of the Central Station though, as thats the gay area!
              Stay away from the Bigg Market - that's where it's liekely you'll get into a fight - the rest of Newcastle is pretty safe to be honest.

Owt else?
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                Hiya! Right...where to start...

Drink.
                Afternoon drinking...you should get yourself to the "top end of town" or Haymarket as it's officially known. There's a big long street of pubs which are all man friendly - i.e. you stand less chance of getting raped by hoards of middle aged women (although I'm not saying this definately wont happen!)
                What if I want that to happen? Where then?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  What if I want that to happen? Where then?
                  Bigg Market
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

So when are you going Wilmslow? Or are you there now?
                    Jesus - you're stop stopping around for derby day tomorrow are you?!
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X