• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to rent near Boro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to rent near Boro?

Just phone interviewed for a gig near Middlesborough, think its in the bag. The whole area seems a bit grim, Darlington, Boro, Stockton etc etc.
    I was thinking maybe rent in york and travel up?
    Any ideas?
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
    Just phone interviewed for a gig near Middlesborough, think its in the bag. The whole area seems a bit grim, Darlington, Boro, Stockton etc etc.
    I was thinking maybe rent in york and travel up?
    Any ideas?
    I'm up there. It's grim. I'm in a B&B in Redcar. It's grim.

Hopefully, my next gig will be in the bag by mid next week

(BTW did I tell u it was grim?)..................
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Boro and the surrounding area is a tulip tip, Darlington is ok, if you don't mind driving get some where in County Durham - Newton Ayclife or Durham (Durham is a very pretty city - lots of rentals 'cause of all the students, and it's on the east coast main line), or Whitby. Or maybe even Newcastle, but it is around 1 hour + drive in rush hour and getting across the tyne is a nightmare in the morning.

Comment

Middlesbrough and it's main surrounding area is a tulip tip but for the sake of a half hour drive you'll find some lovely outlying villages in the N Yorks or Durham countryside. Don't bother with Newcastle or York it's too much of a fanny on and the trains aren't cheap or reliable (I did Durham to Leeds for 2 years). Actually Durham is less than a half hour drive from Smogland and very picturesque (but don't go up North Road).
        Blood in your poo

Comment

York not ideal.

If driving then the first bit of the A19 (up to thirsk) is not good - only single carriageway, then you have the dual into boro. I would say that you would be quicker from Harrogate/Ripon because you are straight onto the A1 then A19dual
          Allow 50 mins from Ripon to central boro. (We live 5 miles south of Ripon and the OH used to commute to the Hospital in Boro - although she drives like a girlie)

Redcar was recently used as a film set for Dieppe 1941. says it all.
          Of the local places then Stokesley/Great Ayton area is better. Or villages in Eskdale/Commondale or towards Durham. Northallerton/Thirsk/Bedale also possible but further away.

Problem is that the North Yorks moors are empty of places to live, so there is sod all to the south. So you have the A19 or A66 corridors running west/south west. North has Hartlepool(makes boro look upmarket)/Sunderland etc.

Comment

The Old Mill

Try the Old Mill

http://www.bedandbreakfastyarm.co.uk/

They have several contractors staying there. It has a decent enough boozer round the corner. If you want something a bit more lively then Yarm is just round the corner.

Boro is rough as hell - the chance of getting a kicking for looking at me funny is high. Darlington also a place to stay away from.
            "All around me I see chaos and confusion, my work here is done...."

Comment

Working...
            X