• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP arrested for criminal damage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP arrested for criminal damage

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...,00.html?f=rss

Labour MP Charged With Criminal Damage
    Updated:07:13, Saturday April 19, 2008

A Labour MP has been arrested and charged with criminal damage.
    Rob Marris, MP for Wolverhampton South West, is accused of causing damage to a white van at a bus stop in Wolverhampton.

Marris denies charge
    The MP, a former solicitor, denies climbing over the bonnet of a parked van to board a bus in Jeffcock Road, Penn Fields, last month.

Mr Marris, 53, said: "I have no comment to make.

"This is a personal matter which has no bearing on my parliamentary duties and the law must quite properly take its course.

"I intend to plead not guilty to this charge."

A West Midlands Police spokeswoman told the Express and Star newspaper: "A 53-year-old man from Wolverhampton has been arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage following an alleged incident at a bus stop in Jeffcock Road.

"He has now been charged with the offence."

Mr Marris was arrested and charged after attending Bilston Street police station at the request of police.

He is expected to appear before magistrates later this month.

==================================================

One might think that perhaps the van shouldn't have been parked at the bus stop in the first place, but putting that aside, the good people of Wolverhampton will sleep easier in their beds knowing there is zero tolerance to this kind of thing.

Apparently he took the direct route in order to board the bus - by clambouring over the bonnet of the van

More detail here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Would be good if someone had filmed it!

Comment

I think he was in the right.

Far too many white-van-driving, knuckle-dragging, bone-headed twats parked where they shouldn't be and thinking they own the pavements as well as the roads.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

Far too many white-van-driving, knuckle-dragging, bone-headed twats parked where they shouldn't be and thinking they own the pavements as well as the roads.
        absolutely! but why was he arrested - totally crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post

morally right, legally wrong.
          At least most of the public will be behind him on this one
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

count me one of them. Free the Wolverhampton One!

He looks very young for 53.

Comment

How can it be "criminal damage"? I can't see how he damaged the van by climbing over it. What did he kick a dent in it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                He has a painting in his attic that is turning slowly black...

Allegedly.
                Didn't we have someone post on here as "Dorian Gray"?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Mr Marris, 53, said: "I have no comment to make.

"This is a personal matter which has no bearing on my parliamentary duties and the law must quite properly take its course.

"I intend to plead not guilty to this charge."
                  This is also what MPs say when they get caught with their pants down with a choir boy.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    How can it be "criminal damage"? I can't see how he damaged the van by climbing over it. What did he kick a dent in it as well?
                    One of the window-wipers got caught on his belt and snapped off.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                    X