• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Short up north

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short up north

Bosses at Scotland's only crude oil refinery have started a shutdown after claiming an impending strike will compromise safety.

Ineos said the Grangemouth refinery could shut for "at least a month", and warned of major fuel shortages.

The statement added: "Fuel shortages are likely to begin in Scotland as early as Friday 25 April and the whole of Scotland could be without fuel for at least a month.

The statement said that the action would also effectively shut down much of the North Sea's oil and gas production, a large proportion of which goes through Grangemouth, causing supplies to dry up and leading to shortages across Scotland and the north of England.

Grangemouth supplies Scotland, Cumbria, Northumberland and parts of Yorkshire.

Linky
    Me, me, me...

Good job I now work 10 miles from home. Time to get the bike tyres filled up.

Although I calculate that I could do 4 weeks on one tank easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Good job I now work 10 miles from home. Time to get the bike tyres filled up.

Although I calculate that I could do 4 weeks on one tank easily.
      Yeah, I work at home now so no big deal although I do live in a rural area with no public transport.

Filled up this morning but no sign of panic buying yet. I suspect after the lunchtime news the queues will start.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

I filled up last night. £1.16 a litre.

Don't think people can afford to panic buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          I filled up last night. £1.16 a litre.

Don't think people can afford to panic buy.
          117.9 for diesel this morning and about the cheapest around here by 2p. Think I'll look at chip fat conversion.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...al/7357106.stm

PANIC BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem

Comment

Although I'm not fussed. I'll just fill up at client co using the bunding that they have on site.

Comment

Out and about all day but no sign of queues forming yet although the pumps seem busier than normal for a Sunday.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

It's times like these I'm glad I have 4 motorised vehicles full of fuel

Comment

as far as the queue's go I would really hate to see this country in a real panic. Am I the only one who knows panic buying just makes it worse???

Comment

Working...
                    X