• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How best to dea with several small pensions?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How best to dea with several small pensions?

Got 3 company pensions from perm jobs for around 3 years, and a couple for a year or so.

Going to get all details and take to my financial adviser, but, what sort of things should i be thinking of before i see him?

Also got a private pension with standard life, been going with fixed amount for around 7 years.

i recall when doing my fpc that best to leave company pensions alone, but, what about having a few?

Do this

Then you won't have to worry.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Do this

Then you won't have to worry.
      There must be an easier option not so messy?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Maybe i should see a counsellor to deal with suicidal thoughts.....
        Lucy might be able to help. No wait ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

i was a little late editing my terrible attempt at warped humour........

Comment

All her previous 4 husbands made the same mistake ...
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
              All her previous 4 husbands made the same mistake ...
              I've never been married.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
                I've never been married.
                It's a secret between us and the fifth poor guy.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

i recall when doing my fpc that best to leave company pensions alone, but, what about having a few?
                  You have the FPC but you are asking on here and then going to see a Financial Adviser.

I did not want to be one to join in the Wilmslow bashing, because that is playground level stuff and I would like to think that I am above it, but FFS

Unfortunately there are no right or wrong answers with pensions because who knows how it is all going to work in 30 or so years time, which is when I will be retiring. There is only any certainty for people retiring in the next couple of years, but it is a bit late to start the planning when you are that age.

Generally it is considered unwise to transfer out of a defined benefits scheme into a defined contributions scheme, but there is one school of thought that would argue a defined benefits scheme is only as good as the company that is providing it. (There is a new government compensation scheme to investigate though.)

I don't have the FPC so am not qualified to give financial advice, the value of your investment and the income from it can go down as well as up.

ADDENDUM Watch out for Financial Advisers that will try and churn your existing arrangements just to generate some commission for themselves.

Comment

Got 3 company pensions from perm jobs for around 3 years, and a couple for a year or so.

Going to get all details and take to my financial adviser, but, what sort of things should i be thinking of before i see him?

Also got a private pension with standard life, been going with fixed amount for around 7 years.

I run many A1 pension funds.

It is financed on the estate of the late Chief Imgonna Takeyourmoney who left an estate of FIVE HUNDREDS millions of pesetas.

I charge no COMISSIONS

contact me soon and we can make you a peacefulls afterlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X