• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best broadband deal at the mo?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best broadband deal at the mo?

I currently have free Orange land BB with my mobile phone package. The mobile phone comittment period is up in June though so I need to shop around. It looks like I have 3 options:

1. Renew with Orange and benefit from free BB
    2. Look for stand alone BB and a separate mobile phone contract (or convert my son to PAYG)
    3. Get a new combined mobile + fixed BB package.

Where are the best deals?

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
    I currently have free Orange land BB with my mobile phone package. The mobile phone comittment period is up in June though so I need to shop around. It looks like I have 3 options:

1. Renew with Orange and benefit from free BB
    2. Look for stand alone BB and a separate mobile phone contract (or convert my son to PAYG)
    3. Get a new combined mobile + fixed BB package.

Where are the best deals?
    Have you got Sky TV? Their broadband's dead cheap if you have.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Check thsi site for good deals:

http://www.broadband-expert.co.uk/
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

If you can get it:

www.bethere.co.uk

is very fast, and very cheap - their techies seem to know what's what too.
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Most important thing to realise with things like bethere - if you're going for the high speeds, is that you're limited by the distance you are from your exchange. Far enough away and there's no point paying for a premium type service you literally won't be able to use.

Shouldn't this be in technical anyway?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It's not just speed. Some have monthly allowances (cap) on usage. It's like having a Ferrari but only being allowed to drive 2 miles every month. Pointless.

Comment

Thanks guys. I do havr sky but when I last looked couldn't get the best service. I do live on a long telephone line with many overhead spans but don't need anything wizzy

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It's not just speed. Some have monthly allowances (cap) on usage. It's like having a Ferrari but only being allowed to drive 2 miles every month. Pointless.
                "Demon Thus" have a rolling system where you are eligible to be throttled down when reach 60 Gbyte in a rolling 30 day period, but after a day or two (or until the usage over the previous 30 days falls below a threshold) they restore the full bandwidth.

Seems fair, assuming (?) there's an overall limit on the broadband allocated to Demon themselves. But it does mean that an AtW-style constant downloader will be constantly bouncing along the ceiling, so to speak, and being throttled down every few days.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                  Thanks guys. I do havr sky but when I last looked couldn't get the best service. I do live on a long telephone line with many overhead spans but don't need anything wizzy
                  Surely the service you can get is dependent on your line, not the provider, so it doesn't matter who you go with, so you may as well go with the cheapest, which is probably Sky?

Comment

I'll check again but last time, it told me that they couldn't give me their cheapo service and that I would have to subscribe to a dearer one

Comment

Working...
                    X