• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Miserable Londoners, go west.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miserable Londoners, go west.

http://management.silicon.com/career...9193707,00.htm

Londoners are the most miserable at work, says a survey by HireScores, a recruitment agency-scoring website.

More than 70 per cent of the capital's workers are already thinking about getting a new job from day one, while only 11 per cent of employees in the South West are unhappy in their jobs.

Another fascinating and scientific survey. Well done there HireScores.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    http://management.silicon.com/career...9193707,00.htm

Londoners are the most miserable at work, says a survey by HireScores, a recruitment agency-scoring website.

More than 70 per cent of the capital's workers are already thinking about getting a new job from day one, while only 11 per cent of employees in the South West are unhappy in their jobs.

Another fascinating and scientific survey. Well done there HireScores.
    How miserable are programmers from Swindon?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

Comment

It is always onwards and upwards for us London types.

It is those carrot-crunchers out in the boondocks that can't cope with change. And they are the ones that will devote their lives to a company only to find themselves obsolete and unemployable elsewhere when they are made redundant in their fifties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

It is those carrot-crunchers out in the boondocks that can't cope with change. And they are the ones that will devote their lives to a company only to find themselves obsolete and unemployable elsewhere when they are made redundant in their fifties.
          Hear hear!
          I am happy in London. Huge pay and I can buy a whole Northern town with the proceeds of my BTL studio flat over the kebab shop in Hackney.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I like this bit:

1. Friendly, supportive colleagues
            2. Enjoyable work
            3. Good boss or line manager
            4. Good work/life balance
            5. Varied work
            of course, all good developers know that array indexes begin at 0.

0. loadsa money

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              I've had several programming jobs in Swindon, and often considered my main qualification was that I would actually work in Swindon.

One place was so bad with the 5pm rush out the door, that when I stayed a little later one evening I found myself locked in ... at 6pm.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

WHS

Comment

Is this based on sadguru and his 300 fake ids surveys?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

As a born and bred sarf landaner - it's a great place to work.

But we move out to let all the Scots, Irish, Kiwis, South Africans, Poles, Aussies, Lithuanians etc have somewhere to come and run the service industries, and go and live somewhere nicer

Comment

Working...
                    X