• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clay pigeon shooting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clay pigeon shooting

What's the attraction? Went for the first time this weekend and was bored within 20 min. How anyone could do this regularly for fun/sport is beyond me. I spent my last few goes looking around for squirrels/birds but to no avail.

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    What's the attraction? Went for the first time this weekend and was bored within 20 min. How anyone could do this regularly for fun/sport is beyond me. I spent my last few goes looking around for squirrels/birds but to no avail.
    I do it to keep my eye in for the shooting season - I don't mind it, but it has no where near the attraction that game shooting does.
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

I did it on a stag do, and got the top score out of 20 people. If anyone needs a hitman
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
        I do it to keep my eye in for the shooting season
        Ok I suppose that's one reason to persist with it. It was surprisingly easy I found. Couple of time I thought I had missed when in fact I hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I did it on a stag do
          Same here.

Comment

I did it on a stag do, and got the top score out of 20 people. If anyone needs a hitman

There's nothing like modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Went to a client's day out in 06. Won the pigeon shooting, despite never having done anything like it before. Would try again if someone else is paying.
              If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

When will you dreary arrivistes realise that shooting is for proper country people, who shoot flesh, blood and feather, for the AGA, not you urbanites, 'young executives' or 'middle managers' who shoot bits of old pots shot from a sling?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Crikey! How many stags did you bag?
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Wilmslow does...

Comment

Working...
                    X