• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Scientific Attempt To Create Most Annoying Song Ever

An online poll conducted in the '90s set Vitaly Komar, Alex Melamid and David Soldier on a quest to create the most annoying song ever. After gathering data about people's least favorite music and lyrical subjects, they did the unthinkable: they combined them into a single monstrosity, specifically engineered to sound unpleasant to the maximum percentage of listeners. The song is not new, but it recently resurfaced on Dial "M" for Musicology.

Linky

Here it is

What's your most annoying song?
    Me, me, me...

I've definitely heard worse.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Anything of the genre "thrash metal" comes pretty high on my annoyometer.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Anything of the genre "thrash metal" comes pretty high on my annoyometer.
        . . . as does (c)rap, or country & western, for me.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

At the moment anything my kids like!

In getting old mode!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Anything recorded by a failed reality TV participant.
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              . . . as does (c)rap, or country & western, for me.
              So you don't think it's 'gully' then?

Mine has to be kids TV music, and really cheesy R&B
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Klingon Opera?

T

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  So you don't think it's 'gully' then?

Mine has to be kids TV music, and really cheesy R&B
                  Now, do you mean real R&B; Muddy Waters, Big Joe Turner, BB King etc, or the recently hijacked twaddle that often consists of groups of lithe girls singing a soul/disco/hip-hop hybrid?

The former is most definitely NOT cheesy, but the latter . . . . eurghh!!

(MODS, we really do need a vomiting smiley.)
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Dance music, quote Saxondale

" if i wanted to hear electronic bleeps and farts i would put my foot through my windshield and listen to the alarm going off"
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X