PDA

View Full Version : The problem with this government is...

ratewhore
22nd April 2008, 08:26
...fill yer boots!!

Churchill
22nd April 2008, 08:27
We work for them instead of them working for us!

oracleslave
22nd April 2008, 08:27
Nothing. They're just doing the best they can. :rolleyes:

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 08:29
Nothing. They're just doing the best they can. :rolleyes:

You cannot be serious?

oracleslave
22nd April 2008, 08:32
You cannot be serious?

Did the sarcasm icon not give it away?

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 08:33
Did the sarcasm icon not give it away?

Ah sorry, haven't had my coffee yet :emb

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 08:36
Anyway - the problem with this government is that in the main, their background is in parasitical professions like the law or the public sector. Is there a single cabinet member with a science or maths degree or indeed business experience? Ministers can be non-entities like Dawn Primarilo (who in the natural scheme of things would have peaked as a secretary) or Prescott (who peaked as a Cunard steward).

DimPrawn
22nd April 2008, 08:38
Anyway - the problem with this government is that in the main, their background is in parasitical professions like the law or the public sector. Is there a single cabinet member with a science or maths degree or indeed business experience? Ministers can be non-entities like Dawn Primarilo (who in the natural scheme of things would have peaked as a secretary) or Prescott (who peaked as a Cunard steward).

:spel

F'kin 'ard ?

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 08:38

F'kin 'ard ?

:spel retard

Clippy
22nd April 2008, 09:06
:spel retard

:spel F**ktard.

lilelvis2000
22nd April 2008, 09:13
The enter politics because they have heard about their MASSIVE expense accounts. Which have relatively relaxed rules and mean that the public essentially buy them a second home, pay for their shopping, eating, TV licences etc.. I must say I'm quite tempted. Oh yeah then there's the general snooping on joe public and the slimy back room deals. And when you're done, a massive public-funded pension and the chance to earn serious $$$.

No wonder some countries prefer a benevalent dicatator to the scum we have as "representatives".

Moscow Mule
22nd April 2008, 09:19
They have been in power too long. Happens to all administrations over time.

Churchill
22nd April 2008, 09:48
They have been in power too long. Happens to all administrations over time.

The fact that Labour have been in power at all is what has really screwed this country!

malvolio
22nd April 2008, 09:52
. And when you're done, a massive public-funded pension and the chance to earn serious $$$.

Ermm, no. Senior Cabinet ministers perhaps. The average MP, even one with a non-Cabinet role, is virtually unemployable in the real world. Come the next election roughly half of NL are in fear of their livelihoods

And that's not my opinion (although it's one I share!), that was one Frank Field, Labour MP, speaking on R4 last week.

HairyArsedBloke
22nd April 2008, 09:59
The country is screwy in the head – that’s why it elected Labour.

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 10:01
. The average MP, even one with a non-Cabinet role, is virtually unemployable in the real world. Come the next election roughly half of NL are in fear of their livelihoods

Good. The greedy feckers have slurped at the trough long enough and it's time they experienced the world their party has helped create.

Xenophon
22nd April 2008, 10:01
Good. The greedy flipers have slurped at the trough long enough and it's time they experienced the world their party has helped create.

WHS

Kinvara
22nd April 2008, 10:04
No wonder some countries prefer a benevalent dicatator to the scum we have as "representatives".

???

expat
22nd April 2008, 10:14
No wonder some countries prefer a benevalent dicatator to the scum we have as "representatives".No country prefers a dictator. If he's in power because people prefer him, he's not a dictator.

PAH
22nd April 2008, 10:18
The problem is the colour blind can no longer tell the difference between Liebour and the CONservatives.

Churchill
22nd April 2008, 10:25
The problem is the colour blind can no longer tell the difference between Liebour and the CONservatives.

hard of thinking - Shirley?

Thanks to the 10p tax debacle I'm £270 ish better off. My partner because she works part-time is £140(ish) worse off!

WTF?

lilelvis2000
22nd April 2008, 10:25
No country prefers a dictator. If he's in power because people prefer him, he's not a dictator.

Benevelant baby benevelant. Though do take your point. But what do we call that person then? "Father superior","Tony Blair","Hugo Chavez"?

Xenophon
22nd April 2008, 10:26
WTF?

Indeed.

'tis a mockery of a sham, etc...

sasguru
22nd April 2008, 10:27
Benevelant baby benevelant. Though do take your point. But what do we call that person then? "Father superior","Tony Blair","Hugo Chavez"?

:spel Benevolent

Tsk!