• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New York Hotels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New York Hotels

Any suggestions?

Marriott Marquis - Times Square, merely average.

Next time we're going to go for something boutiquey.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Any suggestions?
      I'm going in November and staying at The Library Hotel - it's a boutique not a chain - very nice!
      Last edited by cailin maith; 22 April 2008, 11:13.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Any suggestions?
        The Blue Oyster Bar.

Comment

One that's central, so everywhere is within walking distance.

Get a room that's high up. I stayed on the 18th floor and it was still very noisy. Though having a fire station across the road didn't help. Those firemen do love their honkers, and their trucks have big ones.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Any suggestions?
            Give us a clue - what are you after in terms of area, and how much of a budget do you have? I know plenty of good ones (And please don't listen to anyone who suggests a hotel near times square).
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Ny

Lots of decent hotels - stay within walking distance of Central Park and 5th Av

Comment

At the risk of outing myself in an open forum

For NY chic (I hate that word) or boutique hotels then either the hudson, the library, the gramercy park or the chambers. Rooms aren't always the biggest but the service is top notch. All designed or had input from by Ian Schrager IIRC and the bars are the ones generally to be seen in sex in the city and the like.

If you prefer a big name that I'd for for a "W" which is part of the sheraton/westin group.

Other than that go with somewhere midtown and walk everywhere.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
                  Lots of decent hotels - stay within walking distance of Central Park and 5th Av
                  Why?

Depends what you're after - maybe she'd like something edgy in the east village, or the best shopping around soho - or the funkiest bars in the village or meatpacking district?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    Why?

Depends what you're after - maybe she'd like something edgy in the east village, or the best shopping around soho - or the funkiest bars in the village or meatpacking district?
                    This is Lucy we're talking about...

Comment

Working...
                    X