• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java Training

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java Training

As a tight arsed contractor, I'm looking for some weekend Java training. Can anyone recommend any ?

As a Java newbie, I'm assuming that beyond the basics that Swing and Struts/JSP are the skills to acquire.

Also is the Sun certification worthwhile ?

Obviously I've been reading but any other tips on learning Java appreciated.

Originally posted by spot
    As a tight arsed contractor, I'm looking for some weekend Java training. Can anyone recommend any ?

As a Java newbie, I'm assuming that beyond the basics that Swing and Struts/JSP are the skills to acquire.

Buy a book, download some examples off t'web edit your CV and blag it like the rest of the amateurs on here who can't be bothered learning a real programming language.

Spod.

Comment

Originally posted by spot

Are you a programmer?? if so which languages??? if you are a programmer my best advice to get to be Java skilled is to translate any application that you have written to Java.... this way you'd learn a lot more that they teach you in the course...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
        Buy a book, download some examples off t'web edit your CV and blag it like the rest of the amateurs on here who can't be bothered learning a real programming language.

Spod.
        What do you guys have against Java!?
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
          What do you guys have against Java!?
          It's for kids.

Spod - In "Sandals & Socks" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
            It's for kids.

Spod - In "Sandals & Socks" mode!
            So what do you recommend?

Wage in 'listening to papa' mode.
            Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Slave, I think the Sandals and Socks gave it away mate... Spod is not a programmer, he is a support monkey... lowest of them all

Comment

'C' - Become an expert in "C" and ultimately "C++" you'll never be out of work.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  Slave, I think the Sandals and Socks gave it away mate... Spod is not a programmer, he is a support monkey... lowest of them all
                  Sandy, you really do know feck all.

Comment

...as I try to wrestle control back to the original point of Java training ....

Comment

Working...
                    X