• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone else hear a popping noise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage arrears are growing at one of the UK's biggest mortgage lenders, the Bradford & Bingley (B&B).

In a statement to investors ahead of its shareholders' AGM, the bank said some borrowers were finding it harder to repay their loans.

More than half of the bank's home loans have been made to buy-to-let landlords.
    Linky

Oh Dear (tm)

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Yeah, it's my popcorn in the microwave. This has all the hallmarks of an epic story of greed, short-sightedness and comeuppance. I wonder if it'll have a happy ending?
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      I wonder if it'll have a happy ending?
      Only if the government stop cocking about with crappy interventions and let the market run its course.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Only if the government stop cocking about with crappy interventions and let the market run its course.
        How many Labour MPs own BTL property?

Comment

Most will have 1 but us mugs are paying for that one.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

No I can't. Is it Wilmslow ? Or HRH ?

Comment

I was about to say "don't worry, that Chris Rodrigues is a smart cookie. They'll be OK". But it turns out he left the B&B 4 or 5 years ago. They're doomed.

Comment

Working...
              X