• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going bald

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going bald

I’ve got to the stage where I’ve resigned myself to the fact that I’m going bald so have got a grade 2 on top and 1 round the sides. The patch on the crown of my head isn’t completely devoid of hair but it’s very very thin so I’ve decided it’s time to start getting used to the idea..

So far it’s been well received, gf likes it a lot, people at clientco have been very complimentary and I’m getting more looks on the tube than I did before – why am I telling you all this?

Went to see mother on the weekend and she flipped out – she wants me to try and ‘fight it’ with restoral crème and implants (which aint gonna happen), she thinks I look like a thug and wouldn’t look out of place holding a board with numbers on it for a mugshot.

So – I’ve mentally prepared myself for baldness and am embracing it, I don’t want to be one of these people who has normal hair with a bald bit they’re ignoring, but my mother wants me to try and prevent it…

Who here is bald and how did you ‘get over it’?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Why don't you just wax - then you can look like Duncan Goodhew rather than Phil Mitchell.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I have a full set of hair - but I love the short haircut look. I always have a grade 2 every 6 weeks or so.

The fact it upsets your mother is good? Or are you too old for that?

Comment

Shave it completely. Grow a goatee to compensate. Do it now rather than later. That way you will get a nice tanned head.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I will be going the shaved route for good at the end of this contract.

Comment

I like a Brazilian.

Comment

I was watching the snooker last night and noticed how remarkably low John Parrot's fringe starts. He has a short haircut so you can see the roots of his hair start 2 cm or so above his eyebrows. I've always had quite a high forehead, but there is nothing wrong with short hair, baldy.

Just age gracefully and buy a lolly pop and practise saying "Who luv's ya baby". HTH

Comment

Wear a beanie everywhere you go, plus the goatee of course. The Edge off of U2 has been doing that for years.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  I like a Brazilian.
                  Does he know?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    I was watching the snooker last night and noticed how remarkably low John Parrot's fringe starts. He has a short haircut so you can see the roots of his hair start 2 cm or so above his eyebrows. I've always had quite a high forehead, but there is nothing wrong with short hair, baldy.

Just age gracefully and buy a lolly pop and practise saying "Who luv's ya baby". HTH
                    It looks like he painted it on in cresote
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                    X