PDA

View Full Version : What I have learned today on CUK already

Xenophon
23rd April 2008, 09:36
- Travel advice threads always turn into 'I'm a more off-the-beaten-track traveller than you' arguments.

- St George wasn't English

- St Patrick wasn't Irish

- The Matrix wasn't an original idea

- Xeno will take the p155 out of anyone - even/especially if they are handicapped and in a wheelchair and talk like a robot

SueEllen
23rd April 2008, 09:41
Lots of posters including Charles Foster Kane don't know that according to the medical literature the only antibiotic commonly prescribed in this country that you shouldn't drink alcohol with is, is metronidazole. This is because it makes you throw up.

CFK is going to do a PhD.

sasguru
23rd April 2008, 09:43
Lots of posters including CharlesFosterKane don't know that according to the medical literature the only antibiotic commonly prescribed in this country that you shouldn't drink alcohol with is, is metronidazole. This is because it makes you throw up.

Wrong. FFS :rolleyes:
Post your evidence...

SueEllen
23rd April 2008, 09:44
Post your evidence...

Which part?

The antibiotic evidence?

Lucy
23rd April 2008, 09:46
Cfk = Hrh

sasguru
Which part?

The antibiotic evidence?

Yes.

Xenophon
Cfk = Hrh

He does seem to be involved in a number of spicey debates this morning...

Lucy
23rd April 2008, 09:47
He does seem to be involved in a number of spicey debates this morning...

Hello xen:hug:

How did you go yesterday?

Xenophon
23rd April 2008, 09:54
Hello xen:hug:

How did you go yesterday?

She was good, I was better...

Oh, you mean the contract stuff? Oops.

Erm, went well, but I have decided I soooo need a break. The project sounds like a nightmare and I'm a good, but not great fit, so there is a good chance I won't even have to worry about whether to turn it down.

Like I said before, I applied for a handful last week and then decided I was getting burnt out so have stopped all searching for now. 2 weeks left here - then break - then we'll see.

Thanks for asking.

DiscoStu
23rd April 2008, 09:58
Post your evidence...

I refer the honourable gentleman to the bit about antibiotics... (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3774523.ece)

SueEllen
23rd April 2008, 09:59
Yes.

This is from one of the drug manufacturers

Metronidazole
http://www.merck.com/mmpe/lexicomp/metronidazole.html
"Ethanol/Nutrition/Herb Interactions

Ethanol: The manufacturer recommends to avoid all ethanol or any ethanol-containing drugs (may cause disulfiram-like reaction characterized by flushing, headache, nausea, vomiting, sweating or tachycardia). "

If you search for other antibiotics like amoxicillin and ampicillin you won't find this information. (I can't think of any more commonly prescribed antibiotics.)

oracleslave
23rd April 2008, 10:00
Cfk = Hrh

No chance. CFK can at least converse in English and display some level of rational thought.

sasguru
23rd April 2008, 10:26
I refer the honourable gentleman to the bit about antibiotics... (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3774523.ece)

I refer the honourable gentleman to the comment:

"Perhaps the respectable medical doctor has never heard of the disulfuram reaction, from which I almost died some years ago, because I had not been informed of the side-effects of mixing alkohol and 3rd generation cephalosporins - any medical book of pharmacology gives detailed information about it."

I wouldn't quote the Times as a definitive guide to medical practice. Most doctors are behind the times.

Xenophon
23rd April 2008, 10:28
I wouldn't quote the Times as a definitive guide to medical practice. Most doctors are behind the times.

I see what you've done there.

Lucy
23rd April 2008, 10:29
I see what you've done there.

It's sas showing his wit.

BrilloPad
23rd April 2008, 10:32

honourable?

BrilloPad
23rd April 2008, 10:33
It's sas showing his wit.

He knows more about wit than you do about councelling.

oracleslave
23rd April 2008, 10:43
He knows more about wit than you do about councelling.

:spel Counselling ffs.