• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Drivers who use a Mobile Phone whilst Driving

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers who use a Mobile Phone whilst Driving

Read in the local rag about some old guy stopping the woman driver in the car behind because she was on her mobile, and consequently reporting her to the police, to which the police replied they would not prosecute.

Poll to follow shortly
    Continue driving along, acting as if oblivious to the obviously criminal act
    19.51%
    I'm too busy on my own mobile phone to give a damn
    12.20%
    Hoot you horn, wave at the guy / gal, whilst making a hand-sign that looks like your on the mobile
    12.20%
    Pull over at your earliest convenience and inform the police of the offender
    2.44%
    Accelerate past, pull in front, slam on brakes, laughing as you look behind and watch him crash
    29.27%
    I'm a police officer, my favourite phrase is 'Book'em Danno!'
    0.00%
    I'm Gordon Brown, I've raised taxes on fuel and cars so high, nobody would be on the road
    0.00%
    I'm Wilslow, I don't drive, my chauffeur will have to choose the appropriate action
    2.44%
    I'm AndyW, I have no friends and no driving licence, therefore why would I be on the road
    21.95%

I'm an omnipotent being. Such things don't concern me.

Comment

Bau

His word against hers - no other witnesses, no prosecution, std police response.

Comment

Originally posted by Dow Jones View Post
        His word against hers - no other witnesses, no prosecution, std police response.
        I wonder what would have happened if he had videoed the incident?

Maybe prosecuted for invasion of privacy?

Comment

Wall of Text Poll!! Blimey, Weltchy - you put some effort into those options.
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
            Good effort I thought

Comment

I always think about the young woman who died on the M3 because a truck driver was playing with his phone. Didn't see the stationary traffic, he didn't even reaslise the crumped car infront was not the one with the dead girl in. That car was so flat to the front of his truck he couldn't see it out of the windscreen.

There are so many hands free kits these days there really isn't any excuse.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

It's a stupid law. Driving whilst using a mobile is no more dangerous than talking to someone else in the car.

It's purely a revenue raising hidden additional tax.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                  It's a stupid law. Driving whilst using a mobile is no more dangerous than talking to someone else in the car.

Not from some of the people I've seen drive and use a mobile phone. Then again some of them should have been on the road anyway.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    I felt this sudden need at lunchtime to create a poll and see just exactly how many words I could fit into it. I had to cut down on options 3,4 & 5, as they went over the 100 character limit.

Comment

Working...
                    X