• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT FRS benefit... is it tax deductible?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT FRS benefit... is it tax deductible?

Is the monies earned from being on VAT FRS scheme tax deductible? I'm assuming it isn't but wanted to double check.

Thanks,

QB.

Originally posted by QwertyBerty View Post
    Is the monies earned from being on VAT FRS scheme tax deductible? I'm assuming it isn't but wanted to double check.

Thanks,

QB.
    The answer only makes sense if I am pedantic, so please excuse me.

No money is earned from being on VAT FRS. It is true that your Co hands over a little less in VAT to HMRC than it would otherwise. The difference is not a separately identifiable sum of money, it just means that your Co's income is a little higher.

What happens to this little extra income is the same as happens to the rest of your Co's income: if your Co pays you a higher salary by the amount that it saved on VAT, that will of course be liable to PAYE and NICs. If it retains it as a profit, it will be liable to CT. Etc.

Comment

In other words if you want it out your company and in your pocket, then you either pay PAYE/NI on it, or CT depending on the method of extraction.
      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Cheers. I'm treating the monies as profit so yeah CT.

QB.

Comment

Your sales income on your p+L/CT return is equal to base invoice amount + VAT @ 17.5% MINUS the VAT actually paid over at 12 or 13% of the total.

So yes.

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
            Your sales income on your p+L/CT return is equal to base invoice amount + VAT @ 17.5% MINUS the VAT actually paid over at 12 or 13% of the total.

So yes.
            I was only thinking yesterday whether it ought to be counted as part of Sales income or as Other income...

QB.

Comment

Working...
            X