• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lucky Escapes!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky Escapes!

When I was about 10 years old a large rock fell off a roof onto my head!

The rock broke in two and all I had was a rather large bruise!

Though, it may still catch up with me one day!

When I was about six I was stood close to window when a naughty mate threw a stone which shattered the glass, it seemed all the shards had miraculously missed me as I was completely unscathed and didn’t feel anything hit me, later that evening whilst eating my dinner I started having trouble breathing followed by the feeling that something was lodged in my throat, after turning red and nearly passing out I coughed up a chunk of glass that was about the size and shape of a fifty pence piece.

That still freaks me out to this day.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

when I was 10 I was run over by a car (well hit anyway). I bounced up onto the bonnet then the windscreen, where I tore my new coat on the windscreen wiper, before finally falling to the ground in front of the car.

Luckily my mum didn't kill me for tearing my new coat.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

When I was very young, my dad used to keep a can of petrol in the garage to fill up the lawnmower.
        I remember wondering what would happen if I lit a match and dropped it in. I think I thought it would be a small whispy flame - just as you would get if you lit meths or white spirit.
        I recall standing there lighting match after match and dropping it into the can but nothing happened. After tipping some out I found it was actually full of water.

I only really remembered that quite recently, makes me shudder to think what a twat I was.

Rhubarb.

Comment

I escaped from Light Relief. Now I roam free amongst you.

Comment

When I was about 14 I was doing about 90mph on my BMX (loved that bike!) at night in the local park when I hit a tree branch. I had a black eye and a cut between my eye and the bridge of my nose. Millimetres from being blind in one eye.

Also tried to syphon the petrol tank of my wrecked car when I was 17 and swallowed a good mouthful. Was burping fumes for days afterwards

Comment

I read some Wilmslow threads and almost killed myself in despair.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by up4it View Post
                When I was about 10 years old a large rock fell off a roof onto my head!

The rock broke in two and all I had was a rather large bruise!

Though, it may still catch up with me one day!
                hi Atw

Comment

When my mother was pregnant, she smoked and drank constantly
                  She was also very clumsy and as an infant i was droped frequently

Luckily, non of this had any effect on me

HRH
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    When my mother was pregnant, she smoked and drank constantly
                    She was also very clumsy and as an infant i was droped frequently

Luckily, non of this had any effect on me

HRH
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Working...
                    X