• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekly shopping basket up 15%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly shopping basket up 15%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7362676.stm

High food costs have added £15 to a weekly supermarket shop for a family of four in the UK, new research suggests.

Comparison website MySupermarket.co.uk says a basket of 24 staple items including tea bags, milk and eggs costs 15% more than it did 12 months ago.

AND

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7360664.stm

From 1 April, Scottish and Southern Energy customers have been paying, on average, 14.2% more for their electricity and 15.8% more for gas.

In early January, Npower put prices up for its electricity customers by 12.7%, while its gas price rose by 17.2%. EDF put up electricity tariffs by 7.9% and gas prices by 12.9%. British Gas increased gas and electricity prices by 15%.

Scottish Power increased gas bills by 15% and electricity bills by 14%, and E.On put up gas bills by 15% and electricity tariffs by 9.7%.

Thank goodness government inflation has only risen to 2.5%

The average family of four now spends £115 a week on groceries You don't get many bottles of champagne for that!

Seriously, you don't seem to be able to get a bottle of Veuve Cliquot for under £30 these days. It is not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

High food costs have added £15 to a weekly supermarket shop for a family of four in the UK, new research suggests.

Comparison website MySupermarket.co.uk says a basket of 24 staple items including tea bags, milk and eggs costs 15% more than it did 12 months ago.

AND

From 1 April, Scottish and Southern Energy customers have been paying, on average, 14.2% more for their electricity and 15.8% more for gas.

In early January, Npower put prices up for its electricity customers by 12.7%, while its gas price rose by 17.2%. EDF put up electricity tariffs by 7.9% and gas prices by 12.9%. British Gas increased gas and electricity prices by 15%.

Scottish Power increased gas bills by 15% and electricity bills by 14%, and E.On put up gas bills by 15% and electricity tariffs by 9.7%.

Slow news day huh?

Comment

I see it as a great way of enforcing diets on the obese.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          Seriously, you don't seem to be able to get a bottle of Veuve Cliquot for under £30 these days. It is not funny.
          It's around £35 wherever I've seen it - the country has gone to the dogs.

PS - let me know where you've seen it for £30
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

But the good news is that when I buy bike parts from the UK or USA they are really really cheap! A quality titanium frame, delivered, for less than 10.000 Dkr, now that is good!
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

My local Waitrose has it for £30.16.

That is for the NV stuff, not the vintage

Comment

You are being ripped off

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ixportal.html
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

AND

But luxuries like eating out are getting cheaper - government has skewed the figures to pull the wool over the eyes of the prols.

On the whole, people get the government they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

On the whole, people get the government they deserve.
                    Zimbabwe?
                    Burma?
                    North Korea?
                    Sudan?
                    DRC?
                    Belarus?
                    Turkmenistan?

Comment

Working...
                    X