• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tickets please?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tickets please?

grrr should have made him pay atleast, when i forgot my ticket and wallet I get no help what so ever.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080423...oliticsoffbeat

LONDON (AFP) - Former prime minister Tony Blair was left red-faced when he was caught travelling on a train without a ticket and said he had no cash to pay the fare, a report said on Wednesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Blair, who has earned around 500,000 pounds on the speaking circuit since leaving office in June, was confronted by a ticket inspector as he travelled to Heathrow airport to catch a flight to the United States on Monday, the Daily Mail newspaper reported.

He said he had no cash for the 24.50 pounds fare because money an aide had given him was no longer in his pocket.

The newspaper, quoting Blair's spokesman, said his bodyguard offered to pay the ticket, but the inspector said he could travel for free.

Blair, 54, has taken up a post as the Middle East envoy for the international Quartet -- the European Union, Russia, the United Nations and the United States.

He also has a lucrative part-time post as advisor to Wall Street bank JP Morgan and advises Swiss company Zurich Financial Services on a range of issues including climate change.

Blair's spokesman was unavailable for comment.

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    grrr should have made him pay atleast, when i forgot my ticket and wallet I get no help what so ever.
    It's only fair..

Comment

grrr should have made him pay at least
      Or perhaps better he could symbolically pay with his face in my boot instead...I'm pretty sure his bodyguard would put his money away and happily join in
      Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Quelle Surprise

He has been freeloading for years!

Can we ask to have him disbarred? Committing a criminal offence is surely enough to manage that? He chose not to purchase a ticket

I think a complaint to the police is in order?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

LONDON (AFP) - Former prime minister Tony Blair was left red-faced when he was caught travelling on a train without a ticket and said he had no cash to pay the fare, a report said on Wednesday.
          I think that the red-faced bit was added by the reporter - I don't think he is by anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I think that the red-faced bit was added by the reporter - I don't think he is by anything.
            Have to second that.
            That boy go raaaaaaa
            Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

He should have been charged - somebody travelling without a ticket because they couldn't afford one would have been fined so why wasn't this grinning fecker.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

You don't understand.

Tickets are only for 'little people'.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Perhaps Tony's face is his ticket?

In which case the inspector should have punched it.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Perhaps Tony's face is his ticket?

In which case the inspector should have punched it.

Comment

Working...
                    X