• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Denied the pleasure of beating up a couple of burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied the pleasure of beating up a couple of burglars

Woke up at 4am to the sound of someone having a go at my side gate. It's got a very squeeky bolt, it pays to be lazy with the lubrication in this case!

Go downstairs to see a couple of scrotes holding a flashlight to the lock on my patio door at the back of the house. Was almost laughing at their amateurishness as I put on the main light to see them stunned like rabbits on a B road, before deciding they'd better leg it.

Strangely I wasn't scared at all, more disappointed I didn't do things differently to try to catch them or at least a photo of them to hand to the rozzers.

Maybe I'll wait till they're in the house next time, make it more interesting.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

I'm sorry you are telling fibs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7364467.stm

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
      it pays to be lazy with the lubrication in this case!
      <insert smut overload>

Comment

Woke up at 4am to the sound of someone having a go at my side gate. It's got a very squeeky bolt, it pays to be lazy with the lubrication in this case!

Go downstairs to see a couple of scrotes holding a flashlight to the lock on my patio door at the back of the house. Was almost laughing at their amateurishness as I put on the main light to see them stunned like rabbits on a B road, before deciding they'd better leg it.

Strangely I wasn't scared at all, more disappointed I didn't do things differently to try to catch them or at least a photo of them to hand to the rozzers.

Maybe I'll wait till they're in the house next time, make it more interesting.
        Sounds like a couple of scumbag chancers, PAH.

My pooch means no-one in their right mind would break in to Xeno Towers. He is a complete and utter softie, but he looks like a tank with a big gob and that is the deterrent.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I'm sorry you are telling fibs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7364467.stm

HTH
          Nope, the article refers to "recorded crime", which is indeed going down, it's only unrecorded crime which is going up.

Comment

Next time I recommend getting a cleaver from the kitchen and waving it at them whilst grinning manically. They may even kack themselves.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              Next time I recommend getting a cleaver from the kitchen and waving it at them whilst grinning manically. They may even kack themselves.

That thought has crossed my mind. Got a nice big carving knife that will do till the chainsaw arrives.

Hope the ***** come back, it'll be fun doing a leatherface chasing them down the street with a chainsaw. On second thoughts it would be more like that scene in American Psycho seeing as I sleep naked.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                Sounds like a couple of scumbag chancers, PAH.

That's what I thought, seeing as they've done a very amateurish attempt. Seems that they don't even know how to pick a lock as there are chisel marks around the door handle.

I've a feeling they were after my car, breaking in for the keys, seeing as they parked out of sight a fair way away around the corner in what sounded like a normal car rather than diesel van.

Maybe my paranoia that I've been followed home a couple of times in recent weeks isn't that misplaced. Or the dodgy gits that sorted out a new tyre last week have passed on my address. I thought afterwards it was the wrong thing to do to give them my real address, seeing as they didn't really need it.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Maybe my paranoia that I've been followed home a couple of times in recent weeks isn't that misplaced. Or the dodgy gits that sorted out a new tyre last week have passed on my address. I thought afterwards it was the wrong thing to do to give them my real address, seeing as they didn't really need it.
                  Yes, it's entirely plausible.

I got followed in my TVR last year - just clocked a silver Fiesta in the corner of my eye u-turn and speed after me. It then followed me at a distance all the way home.

I drove into another road near my house and drove up someone's drive and got out the car, pretending to walk in the front house. I then looked around to see 2 chavs looking out and rather than giving the usual "nice car mate", they simply roared off down the road.

Probably nothing, but I'm glad I did it.

I think if anyone broke into my home, I'd introduce them to my Global chefs knives, sharpish.
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                    I think if anyone broke into my home, I'd introduce them to my Global chefs knives, sharpish.

That reminds me. My brother has a set of unused chef knives (in some poncy aluminium case) in my parents loft. About time they earned their keep.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                    X