• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

kids are miserable gits - official

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kids are miserable gits - official

tell us something we don't know
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Can't really blame them though.

God! I'd hate to be a kid now.

Their lives are so commercially-driven, target-oriented and motivated by fear and distrust of strangers.

Most of them aren't even allowed to roam outside their front gate.

Except for the feral ones, that is.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

They get it from their parents!

Comment

I wonder how much of it is to do with them not having a parent at home to look after them properly. I don't think it's very fair on a child to have both parents working and be too tired/grumpy to play with them or help them with their homework.

Television is as emotionally numbing as valium, so it's not surprising they feel depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          And they can be contagious

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            I wonder how much of it is to do with them not having a parent at home to look after them properly. I don't think it's very fair on a child to have both parents working and be too tired/grumpy to play with them or help them with their homework.

Television is as emotionally numbing as valium, so it's not surprising they feel depressed.
            So nothing to do with hormones then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So nothing to do with hormones then?
              Well, I'm sure that doesn't help, but teenagers have always had hormones, something needs to explain why they suddenly are suffering record levels of depression. I certainly feel more down when I've been watching TV.

Comment

I was a latch key kid and it didn't do me any harm, as far as I can tell.

My downfall was getting into computers, which severely dented my sociable side. Coincided with terrible acne. Something my confidence with women has never recovered from. Getting cursed in the shopping mall by a local vagrant because I was sat in his spot probably hasn't helped either.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  Getting cursed in the shopping mall by a local vagrant because I was sat in his spot probably hasn't helped either.
                  Was it a bit wet and stinky?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

...something needs to explain why they suddenly are suffering record levels of depression. .
                    Where does it say that you silly bint? So 27% of kids answered that they sometimes felt depressed. FFS, get out the violins.
                    I shouldn't really be surprised that people believe these dodgy unscientific surveys. Most people are scientifically and statistically illiterate, including most on this board.

For them, I highly recommend:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-That-I...9047519&sr=8-1
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X