• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just when the bench was getting comfortable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when the bench was getting comfortable

I get a gig. grrrrrrrrrr

that's ruined my training, especially when I was about to crack Crocknorth with a 39 * 21
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Turn it down then?
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Good to see there is still some work out there somewhere.

Inspired by the recent tendering scam in the construction industry, how about we set up a group of on the bench contractors that apply for a particular contract one of us wants. The others send in suitably modified CVs to also land interviews, and then they attend the interview with the intention of chucking it, Trainspotting style. We all then do the same for each other till we're all back in work.

Should be a laugh if nothing else.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

With the increase in posters on the bench, Mrs Goof excepted, perhaps we should get in touch with HRH to get him to construct as couple more.

Comment

Working...
        X