PDA

View Full Version : How to kill squatting Pigeons

chef
27th April 2008, 09:04
maybe a question for Wilmslow, anyway, I have a 1 brick gap under the eaves of my roof and a family of pigeons has taken up squatting..

short of bricking up the hole and listening to dying pigeons how is best to go about getting rid?

cheers
Chef

G8_Summit
27th April 2008, 10:00
I have starlings - noisy bustards !!

Platypus
27th April 2008, 11:15
maybe a question for Wilmslow, anyway, I have a 1 brick gap under the eaves of my roof and a family of pigeons has taken up squatting..

short of bricking up the hole and listening to dying pigeons how is best to go about getting rid?

cheers
Chef

Air Rifle

OwlHoot
27th April 2008, 11:23

cheers
Chef

ferret

(not the moderator, a real one)

Spacecadet
27th April 2008, 11:24

you could scare the pigeons out first and then block the gap

ferret
27th April 2008, 14:54
ferret

(not the moderator, a real one)

They don't like heights! Tied up to a bit of string I guess one might last a few days up there. Got to be air rifle, poison might be good too.

ferret
27th April 2008, 14:55
Or do what the councils do, embed a few long nails in the gap and wrap wire around them about 2 or 3 inches from the surface, too low for them to squeeze under and too high for them to stand over. If you can hook this up to the mains it could be worth a laugh.

hyperD
27th April 2008, 21:09
Take a boat, load up with a mixture of soap powder and petrol, and one of these:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/US_riverboat_using_napalm_in_Vietnam.jpg

PRC1964
27th April 2008, 22:02
Two wires across the space connected to the mains.

Zap. Pigeon pie for supper.

OwlHoot
27th April 2008, 22:33
Two wires across the space connected to the mains.

Zap. Pigeon pie for supper.

Or, if he's not careful, chef cooking his own goose!

Diver
28th April 2008, 00:39
Catch hold of a plumber and scrounge a couple of smoke pellets off him (they use them for checking the updraught/draw in flues/chimneys) The smoke will drive the flying rats out, then you block the hole.

PS. put the smoke pellets in a deep pan or dish (fire risk)