• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interview- tie or no tie?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interview- tie or no tie?

title says it all really
    Last edited by poser; 27 April 2008, 10:52.
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Always a tie

Better to be over dressed than under dressed
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Fully suited and booted every time.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

What they said.

Comment

Best silk tie. Not bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            Best silk tie. Not bow.
            Have you ever been tempted to do a Sharon Stone(Basic Instinct) during an interview?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You operate in a strange world.

I work in an environment where I turn up for work in jeans every day, and yet I am still expected to attend an interview in suit and tie, even a casual jacket and tie is likley to lose me the gig.

tim

Comment

Suit and tie every time.

That said I hate casual dress, as at my current and two previous gigs. Six in the morning is no time to be working out what to wear, so I default to decent suit and black T shirt most days. the trick is to always be a bit better dressed than the permies.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Last time I went to an interview I was told not to bother wearing a suit - "None of us will be wearing one, so you might feel a bit out of place."

But as a rule, I reckon that while some people would be offended if you didn't take the trouble to wear a suit and tie, nobody would be offended if you did when it wasn't necessary - so unless I was told in advance not to bother, it's always suit and tie.

The only problem I have is that I can never remember where I put my tie, so I have to buy a new one every time

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    the trick is to always be a bit better dressed than the permies.
                    My t-shirts and jeans are slightly less scruffy than theirs - does that count?

Comment

Working...
                    X