• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Contract Reviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Contract Reviews

I have a ltd which I have just started my first contract through, and am happy with how things have gone so far (I used a LOT of info from this forum to get me going to thanks everyone!).

The only issue I have found is that when I found my contract, they wanted me to start the following Monday (it was a Thursday when the agent offered me the role).

This did not give me time to get an IR35 review done on the contract (I did do one through QDOS, but this was only after signing). As it turned out, the contract is outside of IR35 (and even if it wasnt I wouldnt have minded as it's my first contract).

But this got me thinking, how do you guys deal with this situation normally?

You would presumably only accept a rate based on IR35 status, so you need time to do an IR35 review. If the agent wants you to start in a few days, do you just tell the agent that you cannot accept until you have confirmed the IR35 status? Or do you just accept the contract and hope (surely not!?).

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 7 October 2011, 12:14.

I wouldn't start an engagement until I'd done all due diligence, and that would include an IR35 review if I thought it needed one. It rarely takes more than a few days and it's rarely a problem.
    The customer is always right - but only after he's actually become your customer.

Comment

can you use the review to change the terms of the contract/working practices that are inside IR35.

Was the contract review with a view to getting IR35 insurance?

Comment

I always make clear by email to the pimps that I accept a gig "subject to contract" - like buying a house I suppose - also gives me some room over the start date and an out if needed. Whether they understand that is another thing. Fortunately I have some niche skills which people are happy to wait for.
        Last edited by moorfield; 29 April 2008, 07:35.

Comment

[QUOTE=moorfield;528599]Fortunately I have some niche skills which people are happy to wait for.QUOTE]

making good coffee ?

sorry for beign childish, whats are the skills ?.

css_jay99

Comment

Working...
          X