• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh oh! I'm in trouble!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh! I'm in trouble!

New boss has come along and burst my bubble!

Oh well, it was only a matter of time. New director has instigated a formal HR disicplinary procedure against me for undermining him in front of another director by being unprofessional('I told him he didnt know what he was talking about') Which would have been fine if I hadnt done it in front of someone else.

He believes I have ruined my credibility. Which in fact isnt true as what I did was undermine his credibility, of which he actually has none as so many other people disagree with him(me included). But as I now work for the guy it means I must tow the line or ship out!

Whats the contracting market like at the moment?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I would have thought you'd use the tried-and-trusted MF solution:

belt the guy one.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      New boss has come along and burst my bubble!

Oh well, it was only a matter of time. New director has instigated a formal HR disicplinary procedure against me for undermining him in front of another director by being unprofessional('I told him he didnt know what he was talking about') Which would have been fine if I hadnt done it in front of someone else.

He believes I have ruined my credibility. Which in fact isnt true as what I did was undermine his credibility, of which he actually has none as so many other people disagree with him(me included). But as I now work for the guy it means I must tow the line or ship out!

Whats the contracting market like at the moment?

Bloody permies...always bleating on!!...

Sorry MF, sounds like you have to either work through it, or lay him out and get back to the contracting market!!!
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
        I would have thought you'd use the tried-and-trusted MF solution:

belt the guy one.
        We had a chat before I left the US and I apologised as it appears his feeling were hurt. Thought nothing of it at the time or afterwards. He was OK about it and we also had a debrief

I get home from the US yesterday to find an email thanking me for the trip and stating he had thought about it and was going instigate the procedure. His pride is hurt more than anything, but I do work for the guy, he's a complete f-cking idiot.

May have to book a trip back to the US to give him a smack.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

the guy depends on that job and it would be v. difficult probably for him to get an equivalent job out there and taking him down a peg in front of Alan Sugar must have rocked him.

Still don't know how it warrants a disciplinary action against you .... I mean its only 'an opinion' that you expressed .....

The real question here is are we living in a Stalinist state in business where you just follow like sheep and reconfirm others beliefs and hopefully you won't get shot ?

Comment

Jeez, you guys. As long as they sign the timesheets whatever they want is the most wonderful thing on earth! If it is really stupid, I'll tell them once, if they do it again, I'll send an email, on the third instance I work out how much I'll invoice fixing it.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              Jeez, you guys. As long as they sign the timesheets whatever they want is the most wonderful thing on earth! If it is really stupid, I'll tell them once, if they do it again, I'll send an email, on the third instance I work out how much I'll invoice fixing it.
              WHS

Comment

If you are dealing with someone new, its probably a good idea to give them a bit of leeway. You sound like a bit of a prime-time wazzock to me.
                But thats just my opinion

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  ... tow the line or ship out!...
                  toe
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

If you are a permie you have rights (even in the US I assume).
                    Where in your terms does it say you are not allowed to do what you did?
                    How you can be disciplined for being honest I do not know.

I bet you can make a mint out of this. Go see a legal bod, are you in a union? What are the odds you can prosecute in the states?

Unfair or constructive dismisal.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X