• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Innocents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Innocents

We always hear Muslims condemning terrorist atrocities with phrases such as the Koran prohibits the killing of "innocents". Christianity on the other hand prohibits killing completely-full stop. What is the Muslim definition of an "innocent" and how does it tie in with the Jihad and the imposition of sharia law by force? By using the term "innocent" does it not presuppose that there is an ongoing war? And if there is an ongoing war surely it is between Muslims and the infidels (non Muslims). Therefore the only "innocents" in the eyes of the Muslims can only be fellow Muslims? Anyone able to clarify?
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

piss off, Chico.

Comment

I get the sneaking suspicion that the so called moderate Muslims in Britain have a secret admiration for these suicide bombers and as you say, the "innocents" that they are so upset about are fellow Muslims killed in the Jihad against the wider British public.

But hey, we gotta kiss these guys arses like Bliar does at every opportunity, stupid **** that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
        Christianity on the other hand prohibits killing completely-full stop.
        No it doesn't. The good book tells people not to murder. Big difference there. But I guess like Islam, Christianity is interpreted to mean just about anything you want to...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Thou shall not kill ..... maybe I can put it this way .... Thou shall not kill.... did you miss that hyper (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)d ?... Thou shall not kill not buts no ifs, no debate
          Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Thou shall not kill ..... maybe I can put it this way .... Thou shall not kill.... did you miss that hyper (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)d ?... Thou shall not kill not buts no ifs, no debate
            Chico, what if the people who shot the "suspected" terrorist are Christians, what then?

Comment

regardless of what we think of Chico, it is true that Islam does seem to allow killings (at least in Muslims perceptions of the Koran) in certain circumstances, whereas I don't think that any interpretations of the Bible do allow killings. So Chico has a point here.

However, this has never prevented some followers of the Bible to be extremely violent throughout the centuries, in the name of religion
              Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Spod what is your point?
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Loos
                  regardless of what we think of Chico, it is true that Islam does seem to allow killings (at least in Muslims perceptions of the Koran) in certain circumstances, whereas I don't think that any interpretations of the Bible do allow killings. So Chico has a point here.

However, this has never prevented some followers of the Bible to be extremely violent throughout the centuries, in the name of religion
                  Oh really Rebecca ... so what do you make of the following quote from the bible?:

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman." (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Comment

We always hear Muslims condemning terrorist atrocities with phrases such as the Koran prohibits the killing of "innocents". Christianity on the other hand prohibits killing completely-full stop. What is the Muslim definition of an "innocent" and how does it tie in with the Jihad and the imposition of sharia law by force? By using the term "innocent" does it not presuppose that there is an ongoing war? And if there is an ongoing war surely it is between Muslims and the infidels (non Muslims). Therefore the only "innocents" in the eyes of the Muslims can only be fellow Muslims? Anyone able to clarify?

I think its best if you addressed this questions to Muslims, not to people on this board who (most)know very little of Islam...

Comment

Working...
                    X