• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Enquiry

I have just had a letter in regards to my client about his 2005/06 Return.

HMRC are looking into a tax avoidance scheme. (Assignment Solutions IOM Ltd) I spoke to my client and he new tells me he was using a accountants in Jersey for two months but moved from them as they seemed dodgy and he wasnt happy.

Could anyone shed any light onto what this could be about and the possible outcome as i have never come across this before.

Thanks

Surely your client needs to be filling in the gaps.

If you think that he has decined to do so, how can you help him?

tim

Comment

Ermm... Jersey isn't in the IOM.

Get your records in order and your books up to date. If you've done nothing wrong you may still get dragged in to the investigation, since they'll be looking for where all the money went.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisl View Post
        I have just had a letter in regards to my client about his 2005/06 Return.

HMRC are looking into a tax avoidance scheme. (Assignment Solutions IOM Ltd) I spoke to my client and he new tells me he was using a accountants in Jersey for two months but moved from them as they seemed dodgy and he wasnt happy.

Could anyone shed any light onto what this could be about and the possible outcome as i have never come across this before.

Thanks
        Are you an accountant or a client? If an accountant - shouln't you be asking on accountantuk?

Comment

I think your "client" / "mate" is in trouble.

Start running now, you might just make it to the hills in time.

Comment

Ummm well he said its only 3 weeks worth of income so hopefully things wont be too bad. Not sure what he done with the income, i dont think he knows himself.

Comment

Ummm well he said its only 3 weeks worth of income so hopefully things wont be too bad. Not sure what he done with the income, i dont think he knows himself.
              Even only three weeks of 'missing' income is a reporting issue. Have you reported it? (That's a retorical question, because you're not allowed to answer it!)

tim

Comment

Do you mean you are not sure what he did with it?

Comment

Working...
                X