• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advances

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advances

Hi i am trying to get a cash advance from my umbrella. Normally i just get an e-mail sent from my agency to say they will pay the umbrella on such and such a date. Now my agency is refusing to send such an authorisation e-mail. Are they legally allowed to do this? Also, as there is no reason this can cost them anything should i be worried about whether they are in trouble.

Why won't it cost them anything? Ever heard of Lost Investment on Capital? It's not like they're sitting on your money, is it: since they pay you in advance, it's actually the other way round.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Why won't it cost them anything? Ever heard of Lost Investment on Capital? It's not like they're sitting on your money, is it: since they pay you in advance, it's actually the other way round.
      The umbrells pays the advance the agency just needs to confirm which days the BACS payment will arrive in the Umbrellas account.

Comment

If you hired a plumber to fit you a new bathroom, and that plumber brought in a subcontractor, then the subcontractor asked you to provide a written notice stating when you would pay the plumber, what would you say?
        Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by frizik View Post
          The umbrells pays the advance the agency just needs to confirm which days the BACS payment will arrive in the Umbrellas account.
          Good job you work through an umbrella, isn't it? You'd be in trouble with your own company to manage.

If you need money, get a commercial loan.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by frizik View Post
            Hi i am trying to get a cash advance from my umbrella. Normally i just get an e-mail sent from my agency to say they will pay the umbrella on such and such a date. Now my agency is refusing to send such an authorisation e-mail. Are they legally allowed to do this?
            Of course they are! What possible law could they be breaking by refusing to do it?

tim

Comment

Working...
            X