• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prince2 Training courses or self study

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prince2 Training courses or self study

After trawling around a few years ago. I went on a PRINCE2 foundation course. The training provider charged £925+VAT for a 3 day course.

Ok fair enough. You get training a nice lunch and a course which you sit the exam on the third day.

However since this time I just buy the books and go and sit the exam.

http://www.prince2.org.uk/Qualificat...aminations.asp

Yes I do understand that you have to apply yourself. However when you think about the difference between £195 incVAT (and an extra £70 for the book and one extra PRINCE2 book for balanced/broader view) and £925 +VAT I thought "me thinks 800 odd quid is a good motivator!"

At this stage I reckon I have saved (Prince 2 Practitioner / ITIL / M_o_R / MSP) about £2500 just by kicking my own butt and pushing myself to study.

Does anyone think courses are the best way? I personally found them a bit thin on depth

I think this could be in the wrong forum. We only talk about BTL, video games and styles of waxing here.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      I think this could be in the wrong forum. We only talk about BTL, video games and styles of waxing here.
      WHS
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolphin232 View Post
        After trawling around a few years ago. I went on a PRINCE2 foundation course. The training provider charged £925+VAT for a 3 day course.

Ok fair enough. You get training a nice lunch and a course which you sit the exam on the third day.

However since this time I just buy the books and go and sit the exam.

http://www.prince2.org.uk/Qualificat...aminations.asp

Yes I do understand that you have to apply yourself. However when you think about the difference between £195 incVAT (and an extra £70 for the book and one extra PRINCE2 book for balanced/broader view) and £925 +VAT I thought "me thinks 800 odd quid is a good motivator!"

At this stage I reckon I have saved (Prince 2 Practitioner / ITIL / M_o_R / MSP) about £2500 just by kicking my own butt and pushing myself to study.

Does anyone think courses are the best way? I personally found them a bit thin on depth
        Any course is only worth the cost if it results in increased rates or business.
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I'd recommend going to Maven Training, they have a good pass rate.

Don't mess around. Get it done.

Comment

Working...
          X