• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anarchy State - You can't even catch a tram now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anarchy State - You can't even catch a tram now

She added: "The police admitted to me that there had been trouble all night from these youths.

"Why did the police let the youths on knowing that there would be trouble? They (the police) should have been on the tram."
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7372333.stm
    Coffee's for closers

How's about this then...

The original story has been removed but the robbers attempted to attack the home owner with an axe.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/di...pNodeId=133951

As revealed in the Post yesterday, Mr Sims was watching TV when the robbers broke in last week. He ran upstairs to where Sarah was calling the police and shielding their children.

She was told all officers in the area were on other jobs and could not respond immediately.

Officers finally arrived more than three hours later.

Comment

It reminds me of an incident involving the receptionist at the company I was working for a few years ago.

She was with her daughter at a petrol station, and saw a middle-aged woman being beaten up by a couple of teenage girls. They were trying to slam her head in the car door, and were beating her with the fire bucket. Our receptionist (slugger) and her daughter intervened.

When the police arrived she had one girl over the bonnet of her car, with her hands around her neck; the daughter was busy holding the other girl in an ever tightening half nelson.

Police arrested the two girls, and invited receptionist and daughter for statements. Obviously the two girls made complaints, but the CCTV coverage, and the use of the phrase "I was in fear of my life", ensured that rec. and daughter didn't get prosecuted.

The girls got a few months in prison. The victim wasn't in the end too badly hurt.

Receptionist is now known as Slugger.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

http://www.taser.com/products/consumers/Pages/C2.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Just mention that you've shot one & you'll have 3 armed response units and the force helicopter around in 30 secs...
          True. I read somewhere a few years ago (may have been on here so complete bs as usual!) that if you are a registered gun keeper the police have to respond quickly, before you shoot any trespassers.

The story went something like:

Guy calls cops because he hears someone trying to break into house.
          Cops say they're too busy to respond and will be around as soon as they can.
          Guy says ok I'll shoot them then.
          Armed response and a helicopter turn up within minutes.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
          X