• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Agency will Do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Agency will Do ?

Hi

I want to employ a Support Junior .. approx 18 to 20 years old at £6 - £7 per hour..

Which agency would be intrested in this?... as I know most of them are a bunch of S***ks and might not be interested in £1 per hour commission..

Thanks

Hmm 19yr old bimbo for £7/hr. Sounds very tempting and a legitimate business expense.....

Comment

Originally posted by Grommit
      Hi

I want to employ a Support Junior .. approx 18 to 20 years old at £6 - £7 per hour..

Which agency would be intrested in this?... as I know most of them are a bunch of S***ks and might not be interested in £1 per hour commission..

Thanks
      When you say "Employ", what do you mean? Do you have a person in mind or are you asking an agency to find someone?

I can recommend Bagpuss, he's actively looking for the first step on the IT ladder!

Comment

Originally posted by Grommit
        I want to employ a Support Junior .. approx 18 to 20 years old at £6 - £7 per hour
        I'll do it. Would probably be an improvement on my current rate!
        Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod
          When you say "Employ", what do you mean? Do you have a person in mind or are you asking an agency to find someone?

I can recommend Bagpuss, he's actively looking for the first step on the IT ladder!
          I want an ageny to find someone that can be trained by the IT Department here.. I really do not need a "qualified" person as I find they get bored because they can't play on the servers and other "glory" jobs

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            Hmm 19yr old bimbo for £7/hr. Sounds very tempting and a legitimate business expense.....

Comment

why use an agency??/ evey town has a local website where local jobs are advertised, and you can advertise for free... e.g. for oxford there is
              www.dailyinfo.co.uk, am sure there is sites like BracknelOnLine etc....

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                why use an agency??/ evey town has a local website where local jobs are advertised, and you can advertise for free... e.g. for oxford there is
                www.dailyinfo.co.uk, am sure there is sites like BracknelOnLine etc....
                Just a lot less hassle.. I cannot employ direct and If I go it alone I have to make up contracts and the rest....

Mind you it might not be a bad Idea.... Get the applicant to register with Orange Genie or something ?

Its just the enhanced CRB that needs to be done

Comment

£7/hr *37.5hrs/week = £262.50/wk

After using an umbrella company, tax, ni....£217/wk

Is it me, or does that seem low, even for a junior?

I think I have seen this kind of calculation before - the employer takes the salary that a permie would earn (in this case £13650), divides by 52, dividies by 37.5 = rate.

A couple of months ago I saw an interim IT Support Manager (30 staff, largeish site) listed at £27/hr. You can guess that the previous manager got hit by a bus/ went off on stress leave/ took long service leave without notice. And I bet his salary is £50k-£55k. I wonder what calibur contractor they got for £27/hr?

Comment

Originally posted by insight14
                    I wonder what calibur contractor they got for £27/hr?
                    Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                    X