• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spod vs Bagpuss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spod vs Bagpuss

After this morning's handbagging session between these two board regulars, the general opinion of the board at large was sought in order to try and resolve this dispute in a gentlemanly manner.

After several hours of voting, it would appear that the consensus opinion is that they are both losers.

Now why don't you and make up? Alternatively, consider a suicide bomb attack on the house of your nemesis as a means of continuing the debate further.

Now, back to some lively religious debate. Oh for the days when it was wall-to-wall house price threads.
    Last edited by Lucifer Box; 26 July 2005, 14:24.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Yes, it all makes one feel quite nostalgic for the dear dead days of house price wars...

Never thought I'd say it.

'Scuse me while I wipe a tear from my rheumy old eye.
    Yeah, it must be quite tricky what with you giant alien lizard creatures having no eyelids.

Comment

I thought you weren't meant to show those in public?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
        Oh for the days when it was wall-to-wall house price threads.
        Not much fun now that they are dropping. -3.5% in London average.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Not much fun now that they are dropping. -3.5% in London average.
          Latest figures on the BBC webtulipe (from May obviously as this quarter's figures aren't available yet) say up 4.7% in Greater London in the last quarter, up 10.3% in the last year.

In my leafy south-west London suburb we're talking increases of 14.9% in the last quarter and 24.2% in the last year. All I know is a 3 bed terrace on the other side of the road has just gone up for sale for a whopping £465k. Will be interested to see how quickly it sells.

More here: Greater London House Prices

Comment

"In my leafy south-west London suburb "

I hope that I won't be too near to you from september..... are you on the northern line circuit????
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              I hope that I won't be too near to you from september
              Ooooh, is that the old Latin charm?

Commuting is for plebs. I run my consultancy business from my home office so know little of this public transport "Northern Line" of which you speak.

But, yes, I could get to a Northern Line station easily enough if I wanted to. Also District Line, TramLink, ThamesLink, mainline, all are within easy reach. Which is nice.

Comment

Lucifer....you live in Croydon
                Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Easy reach.... that's difficult to define. Wimbledon is the only place where you can get those things at easy reach. Are you on the river Wandle??? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                    Lucifer....you live in Croydon
                    I'm assuming you've never been there if you think Croydon can in any way, shape or form be described as "a leafy south-west London suburb".

No, not Croydon (praise be to Allah).

Comment

Working...
                    X