• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm to Contract, same company different P/T job.. ir35?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm to Contract, same company different P/T job.. ir35?

Hi. I know that I really need "Real" Financial advice for this but if anyone can advise please do....

I currently work full time as an IT Manager (sole IT person)
    I am leaving to work in my 2nd profession (pro musician/teacher)

However the company have offered my 2 days a week, in a IT Consultancy role for a 6 month contract..
    i.e. My IT Manager role will be replaced full time and I will then consult on other projects.

I have 2 questions...
    1. As a Pro musician/teacher I want to ideally stay as self employed (not Ltd).
    The Company agrees this is fine are there any implications?
    2. I want to be outside IR35.. am I likely to be? (my contract will be 2 days per week my choice of day and no notice period etc etc..) I will work the rest of the time in music-various incomes..

ANY advice would be great!!
    Thanks
    G

Having the choice of hours is good, will you be using your own equipment, are you based in one site do you get any kind of bonus etc and are you doing the same job as someone else?

To be honest for two days a week for six months its unlikely the tax man will come after you anyway, plus the sole trader side will be a big help on this

Comment

Working...
    X